ADO.NET question
Author Message
 ADO.NET question

Not sure if this is the right forum.

I want to fill a dataset from a db/2 source based on a
query.  I then want that same dataset to be written
directly to Microsoft Access.

When I fill the dataset with a query to db/2 how do I now
make that dataset update to Access?  I'd rather do this
than use a datareader to update rows to my Access dataset
one at a time (numerous records - degrades performance).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:03:42 GMT
 ADO.NET question
Wiley,

Here is the NG you should post in:

microsoft.public.dotnet.framwork.adonet

Regards,
Rob Panosh

Quote:
> Not sure if this is the right forum.

> I want to fill a dataset from a db/2 source based on a
> query.  I then want that same dataset to be written
> directly to Microsoft Access.

> When I fill the dataset with a query to db/2 how do I now
> make that dataset update to Access?  I'd rather do this
> than use a datareader to update rows to my Access dataset
> one at a time (numerous records - degrades performance).

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:24:34 GMT
 ADO.NET question
Wiley,

        You should post this at microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet.

Ken
--------------

Quote:
> Not sure if this is the right forum.

> I want to fill a dataset from a db/2 source based on a
> query.  I then want that same dataset to be written
> directly to Microsoft Access.

> When I fill the dataset with a query to db/2 how do I now
> make that dataset update to Access?  I'd rather do this
> than use a datareader to update rows to my Access dataset
> one at a time (numerous records - degrades performance).

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:30:53 GMT
 ADO.NET question

Quote:
> Not sure if this is the right forum.

> I want to fill a dataset from a db/2 source based on a
> query.  I then want that same dataset to be written
> directly to Microsoft Access.

> When I fill the dataset with a query to db/2 how do I now
> make that dataset update to Access?  I'd rather do this
> than use a datareader to update rows to my Access dataset
> one at a time (numerous records - degrades performance).

Please turn to:
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet

--
Armin

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:11:18 GMT
 ADO.NET question
Hello,

Quote:
> I want to fill a dataset from a db/2 source based on a
> query.  I then want that same dataset to be written
> directly to Microsoft Access.

INFO: Newsgroup for .NET+database (ADO .NET) questions:

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
MVP VB Classic, VB .NET
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:03:32 GMT

1. ADO.NET Questions

2. Beginners ADO.NET Question

3. ado.net question - localhost vs (local)\NetSDK

4. ADO.NET question

5. newbie ado.net question

6. ADO.NET Question

7. ADO.NET - QUESTION ??