ICMP in VB .NET? (ICMP=Ping)
Author Message
 ICMP in VB .NET? (ICMP=Ping)

Does anyone know how to do ICMP (or Ping) in VB.NET? I'm able to do it using
VC++ 6.0, but I'm nowhere to find it.
I've been using ICMP classes from Mentalis.org, but it can't truly handle
the error codes possibilities of even simple Ping.
If you want to know any possible ping replies, you can try using ping (at
command prompt) at any host.

Eriawan Kusumawardhono
RX Communica

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:35:45 GMT
 ICMP in VB .NET? (ICMP=Ping)
Hi Eriawan,

There's no built in way to do this in .NET. A solution would look much like
your VC++ 6.0 code only using the classes in System.Net.Sockets.  You'll
need to build the packets as Byte arrays, send and receive them, and parse
them for the return info. It's not a trivial task.

I'll make sure the VB team knows that a ping is something desired

Craig
VB Team

> Does anyone know how to do ICMP (or Ping) in VB.NET? I'm able to do it
using
> VC++ 6.0, but I'm nowhere to find it.
> I've been using ICMP classes from Mentalis.org, but it can't truly handle
> the error codes possibilities of even simple Ping.
> If you want to know any possible ping replies, you can try using ping (at
> command prompt) at any host.

> Eriawan Kusumawardhono
> RX Communica

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 05:09:41 GMT
 ICMP in VB .NET? (ICMP=Ping)
Hi!

If I may suggest, I'd like to see most if not all ICMP commands accessible
through .NET.

Thanks!

--
Guillaume Babin-Tremblay
VirtuelCOM Inc.

Quote:
> Hi Eriawan,

> There's no built in way to do this in .NET. A solution would look much
like
> your VC++ 6.0 code only using the classes in System.Net.Sockets.  You'll
> need to build the packets as Byte arrays, send and receive them, and parse
> them for the return info. It's not a trivial task.

> I'll make sure the VB team knows that a ping is something desired

> Craig
> VB Team

> --
rights.

> > Does anyone know how to do ICMP (or Ping) in VB.NET? I'm able to do it
> using
> > VC++ 6.0, but I'm nowhere to find it.
> > I've been using ICMP classes from Mentalis.org, but it can't truly
handle
> > the error codes possibilities of even simple Ping.
> > If you want to know any possible ping replies, you can try using ping
(at
> > command prompt) at any host.

> > Eriawan Kusumawardhono
> > RX Communica

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 05:52:16 GMT

1. ICMP Ping code

2. How can I send/receive ICMP ping?

3. Need the Win32 API call for sending a ICMP Echo (Ping) from VB4

4. Looking for: ping-icmp

5. ANNOUNCE: Freeware ICMP Ping/Traceroute ActiveX Control w/source

6. Ping Without ICMP.DLL

7. Can I Ping without ICMP.DLL

8. Ping without ICMP.DLL

9. ICMP Ping and GetAddressByName

10. ICMP, Firewalls and Pinging

11. ANN: Abderaware's ICMP for .NET

12. Problems with ICMP.DLL after install of VB App