FileSystemWatcher Service and network drives
Author Message
 FileSystemWatcher Service and network drives

Hi,
This may be off topic as it is primarily a security problem, but I was
hoping that someone may have configured an FSW in similar circumstances.
Two aspects to this problem.
1)I want to get a FSW to look watch a folder on a remote server and initiate
a copy to the local server. I don't think this is possible but hopefully I
am wrong.

2) Assuming I am right then I want to install the service  on the remote
server and have it copy a file to the local server.

I am having a problem with the security between the two machines.
I have tried various account settings but have hit the wall.
Remote  server is NT Domain controller, the local server is Win2000 domain
controller (different domains). There is a trusted connection between them.
Would appreciate any ideas on configuring this sort of setup.
Basically the remote sever generates an SQL bck file daily. I want to
automatically copy this to the local server.

thanks
Bob

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:13:09 GMT
 FileSystemWatcher Service and network drives
I'm pretty much a newbie but I tried something similar recently.  Using a
FSW to watch a folder worked on my development machine where I was using a
local folder for testing.  On the target machine though, the folder was on
another machine in a different domain.  I mapped a drive to it (so giving it
a username/password) but the FSW events failed to trigger.

I gave in and am now using a timed Dir routine instead with no problems.

--
For real reply address, lose the cash
www.realuk.co.uk

Quote:
> Hi,
> This may be off topic as it is primarily a security problem, but I was
> hoping that someone may have configured an FSW in similar circumstances.
> Two aspects to this problem.
> 1)I want to get a FSW to look watch a folder on a remote server and
initiate
> a copy to the local server. I don't think this is possible but hopefully I
> am wrong.

> 2) Assuming I am right then I want to install the service  on the remote
> server and have it copy a file to the local server.

> I am having a problem with the security between the two machines.
> I have tried various account settings but have hit the wall.
> Remote  server is NT Domain controller, the local server is Win2000 domain
> controller (different domains). There is a trusted connection between
them.
> Would appreciate any ideas on configuring this sort of setup.
> Basically the remote sever generates an SQL bck file daily. I want to
> automatically copy this to the local server.

> thanks
> Bob

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:06:15 GMT

1. get drive size from network network mapped drives

2. Windows Service and Network Drives

3. mapping network drive from NT service

4. FileSystemWatcher over network

5. rename a drive / map network drive

6. VB6 network drive - local drive bug

7. Network drives in a drive list box control

8. Drive Listbox that works for network drive?

9. Determining if a Network Drive is a CD-ROM drive

10. How to detect if drive is local or network drive

11. Determining if a Network Drive is a CD-ROM drive

12. FileSystemObject - Network Drive/Network Path