Stop the windows flashing while processing a form????
Author Message
 Stop the windows flashing while processing a form????

Hello!!!

Does anyone out there know how to stop the flashing of a form or window when
it is redrawn using Visual Basic.NET?  I am having to do move controls
around the screen and when I do it flashes and you can see the controls
move.  I want to be able to lock the form, so it looks like it did before I
move the control and then when I am finished moving all the controls unlock
it so that they seen the change.  You used to be able to lock a window using
an API in VB6, but I have not found a way to do this in .NET yet.  If anyone
could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Todd

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:42:54 GMT
 Stop the windows flashing while processing a form????
Hello,

Quote:
> Does anyone out there know how to stop the flashing of a form
> or window when it is redrawn using Visual Basic.NET?

\\\
Me.SuspendLayout()

' Perform control updates here.

Me.ResumeLayout(True)
///

Alternatively you can use "old" SendMessage + WM_SETREDRAW.

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 23:07:45 GMT

1. FlashWindowEx - how to stop a window flashing

2. Stop a windows process?

3. Long processing stops refresh of the form until it is finished

4. stopping users from stopping background process

5. Number lock flashes- how to stop?!

6. Stop things from running in a windows form when closing

7. Stop Flashing a MDIForm when activated

8. (VB5) how to stop window animation when i stop my program

9. How to stop guage control flashing

10. how to stop my flashing status bar

11. VB6: Stop Flashing Me!

12. How to Stop HScrollBar from flashing/flickering