How to build an application that sits only in the system tray
Author Message
 How to build an application that sits only in the system tray

Hi,

I want to build an application that only sits in the system tray(where the
clock is on the bottom right), just like msn Messenger does.

The idea is that the application polls a to-do list, and when a to-do is
founded it pops up a message, (as messenger does for when you receive an
email), and the user can then click on this and start another app i have.

Any pointers, or sample on how to do this sort of app. I am a bit lost as i
figure the app will have no actual forms.

Can it even be done in vb.net

thanks

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 08:27:27 GMT
 How to build an application that sits only in the system tray
You need to ad the notifyicon control to your project and code it for Click
and Double-Click etc... events. Also
Make sure you set ShowInTaskBar to False so it only shows in the
notification area (beside the clock)

Charlie

Quote:
> Hi,

> I want to build an application that only sits in the system tray(where the
> clock is on the bottom right), just like msn Messenger does.

> The idea is that the application polls a to-do list, and when a to-do is
> founded it pops up a message, (as messenger does for when you receive an
> email), and the user can then click on this and start another app i have.

> Any pointers, or sample on how to do this sort of app. I am a bit lost as
> figure the app will have no actual forms.

> Can it even be done in vb.net

> thanks

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:56:35 GMT
 How to build an application that sits only in the system tray
Hello,

Quote:
> I want to build an application that only sits in the
> system tray(where the clock is on the bottom right),
> just like msn Messenger does.

> The idea is that the application polls a to-do list,
> and when a to-do is founded it pops up a message,
> (as messenger does for when you receive an
> email), and the user can then click on this and start
> another app i have.

http://www.src4.net.ms/SimpleNotifyIcon.zip

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:28:16 GMT

1. Q: Problems with System Tray functionality in VB5 and question about TaskBar/System Tray

2. building a System Tray icon with VB.Net

3. System Tray application

4. Application -> start in system tray

5. Minimizing an Application to the System Tray...

6. VB applications and system tray - help!

7. VB applications running in the System Tray?

8. Iconizing application to system tray

9. system tray - modifying icons belonging to other applications

10. activate an application in the system tray

11. Hotkeys from a system tray application

12. How to minimize application to system tray