VB.Net Taking over Operating System
Author Message
 VB.Net Taking over Operating System

Hi!

I would like to know if there is any way by which I could make my VB.Net
Windows application to run automatically as soon as the Windows OS starts.

Is it also possible that the VB.Net application takes control of the OS in
not allowing to go to other application.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Prince

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:20:26 GMT
 VB.Net Taking over Operating System
Hi,

        To  make your app startup automatically you can place a shortcut in
the users program menu startup folder or add a new registry string key in
with the program location in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run .

Ken
---------------------

Quote:
> Hi!

> I would like to know if there is any way by which I could make my VB.Net
> Windows application to run automatically as soon as the Windows OS starts.

> Is it also possible that the VB.Net application takes control of the OS in
> not allowing to go to other application.

> Thanks in advance.

> Regards,
> Prince

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:02:20 GMT
 VB.Net Taking over Operating System
That's not what he asked for.

Search  in the registry for Shell
when you find shell and explorer.exe replace it with your exe file path.

Quote:
> Hi,

>         To  make your app startup automatically you can place a shortcut
in
> the users program menu startup folder or add a new registry string key in
> with the program location in
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run .

> Ken
> ---------------------

> > Hi!

> > I would like to know if there is any way by which I could make my VB.Net
> > Windows application to run automatically as soon as the Windows OS
starts.

> > Is it also possible that the VB.Net application takes control of the OS
in
> > not allowing to go to other application.

> > Thanks in advance.

> > Regards,
> > Prince

Wed, 16 Nov 2005 05:20:12 GMT

1. VB.Net Taking over Operating System

2. how to use the system.net.sockets and system.net in VB.net

3. (Beginner) :returning a value from a VB exe to the operating system

4. Determine Operating system in vb 3

5. operating excel with vb.net

6. System.NET, System.Net.Sockets -> TCPListener Issue

7. System.NET, System.Net.Sockets -> TCPListener Issue

8. :Multi-Thread Takes 99% CPU VB.NET:Help:

9. ReDim Preserve takes ages in VB .NET

10. VB .NET takes too long to compile

11. Books for taking Exam 70-306: developing windows app with VB.NET

12. VB.NET system.net.sockets question