xp, vb, vb.net
Author Message
 xp, vb, vb.net

I have a computer with XP home edition and i am wonder if
i can install vb,interdev, vs. net on this computer.

I don't know if with XP home edition i can use Internet
Information Service or personal web or a third part
Internet server.

Thank you.
.

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 00:35:18 GMT
 xp, vb, vb.net
You can't install IIS on XP home, which you will need to do ASP.NET in VS .NET.
But Web Matrix provides a development Web server that will work on XP home.

http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/default.aspx?tabindex=4&tabid=46

--
Constance Petersen
Build a great Web site: http://www.smartisans.com/

Quote:
> I have a computer with XP home edition and i am wonder if
> i can install vb,interdev, vs. net on this computer.

> I don't know if with XP home edition i can use Internet
> Information Service or personal web or a third part
> Internet server.

> Thank you.
> .

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 00:54:00 GMT
 xp, vb, vb.net
Can i use this tool for developing in lan and where my
users have to check the application on my computer

Quote:

nstancepeterseA/

>> I have a computer with XP home edition and i am wonder
if
>> i can install vb,interdev, vs. net on this computer.

>> I don't know if with XP home edition i can use Internet
>> Information Service or personal web or a third part
>> Internet server.

>> Thank you.
>> .

>.

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 01:19:23 GMT
 xp, vb, vb.net

Quote:
> Can i use this tool for developing in lan and where my
> users have to check the application on my computer

Web Matrix is for developing ASP.NET applications, but I don't really understand
your question. Could you rephrase it?

--
Constance Petersen, DevX newsgroup section leader
Build a great Web site: http://www.smartisans.com/
New ASP.NET book: "Programming the Web with Visual Basic .NET"
http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1590590279/ref=nosim/constancepete...
--
Please reply in the newsgroup so everyone can benefit

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 03:24:04 GMT
 xp, vb, vb.net
i think is more efecty remove xp home edition and install
xp professional.
thank you anyway.
Quote:

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 03:38:15 GMT

1. mailmerge with word97,2000,xp using vb.net,vb6

2. mailmerge with word97,2000,xp using vb6,vb.net

3. VB.Net 2003 XP Visual Styles

4. How to: Fax Merge for MS WORD XP , code in vb.NET

5. Windows XP replacment Shell In VB.NET quesiton

6. Win32 API for VB.net on a Windows XP Professional OS

7. VB.NET and my XP configuration

8. Emulation XP Style from VB.NET

9. Programming MS outlook in VB.Net on Windows XP.

10. Insert text into Word XP using VB.Net?

11. Automating Mail Merge with VB.Net and Office XP and Office 2000 produces mixed results

12. Will VB .NET work w/ XP Home Edition?