Session Variables Always lost when page is loaded
Author Message
 Session Variables Always lost when page is loaded

Hey

Let's say I have a
Sub SetVars()
  Session("ID") = "6564684"
End Sub

Now when I do this and the page is Posted back
with trace I can see Session("ID") = "6564684"

but when I go to another page on the same site
and I return
I get a trace: Session("ID") = "0"

witch is the value for it in my global.asax
HOWEVER when I click a commandbutton (runat="server") on that page so that
it is posted back, my session variable returns
and the trace outputs Session("ID") = "6564684"

So in fact
it is saved somewhere but when a page loads I can't get it
only after posting it back

why ?

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 05:14:15 GMT

1. Type mismatch when comparing session variable to page variable

2. Lost Session variables

3. Session Variables being lost

4. losing session variable in ASP

5. Session variables lost

6. Losing Session Variable in NS on refresh

7. Lost Session Variables

8. vb5 i am having problems with lost variables

9. dotnet Session variable set too late - Error Page Description related

10. "Session variable expire by refreshing the page"?true:false

11. Splitting Session Variable into several variables (array?)

12. CDO: Parent property always returns session object