Using VB/ASP.net to save user requested web data
Author Message
 Using VB/ASP.net to save user requested web data

I am using ASP.net/VB.net for a web application.  See
www.Sanjuanflows.info if your interested.  This post will
make more sense if you look at the site.  I currently pull
data from an Access database and plot it.  If you go to
the site, click on the Historic button on the nav bar and
check one or more of the data sources for plotting.  I
want to add another button on this page that allows the
user to display the data in a new browser window in a
simple x,y format.  The user could then then save the data
from the browser or copy it to the clipboard or whatever.
I can't figure out how to display the data.  Assuming I
have the data in an array that I want to display.  How do
I open a new browser window and display the x,y data.

I know how to open a new browser window but I don't know
how to pass the array to display it in a new window.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

Thu, 20 Oct 2005 00:16:07 GMT
 Using VB/ASP.net to save user requested web data
You could either put the Array into a Session variable, or the Cache (I'd
lean towards Session, unless it's very static data, for which Cacheing may
be beneficial).

Or use the same page, don't open a new one, use Panels to show the x,y view
versus graph.  The only thing to watch out for there is the size of
ViewState (which you could pry turn off)...

BTW, you may want to post ASP.NET questions in
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet  This is geared towards ASP.NET
specifically.....

Quote:

--
Craig Deelsnyder
Microsoft MVP -  ASP/ASP.NET

Thu, 20 Oct 2005 00:39:22 GMT

1. Problem passing VB COM+ ASP Request object to .NET component System.Web.HTTPRequest through COM interop

2. Transferring data through internet in VB.net without using ASP.Net

3. MAC address of ASP.NET Request or VB.NET connection

4. Saving Rich Text Format (RTF) in Oracle 10g using PL/SQL via VB/ASP.NET

5. ADO.NET with ASP.NET using VB.NET

6. Problem in using Request.Form in ASP.NET

7. VB.NET with ASP.NET web forms

8. Can I use VB.net to develop an asp.net web application

9. ASP Request Object into ASP.Net

10. Saving Altered Data in a Web ASP

11. Saving ASP.Net form data

12. ASP .Net using VB .Net Speed issue