VB.NET on WinXP?
Author Message
 VB.NET on WinXP?

I'm thinking about replacing Win2k with WinXP. Is anyone running VS.NET Beta
2 on WinXP? Any issues?
What are people's thoughts on WinXP vs. Win2k?

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 04:58:54 GMT
 VB.NET on WinXP?
WinXP is really nice, and VS.Net will not have any problem with it, and it
could even be better than with Win2000

Quote:
> I'm thinking about replacing Win2k with WinXP. Is anyone running VS.NET
Beta
> 2 on WinXP? Any issues?
> What are people's thoughts on WinXP vs. Win2k?

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 05:55:40 GMT
 VB.NET on WinXP?
The web features of VS.NET (ASP.NET) require a IIS 5.0 or better and XP Home
doesn't have web server capabilities so get XP Pro., which does and you'll
be all set.

Quote:
> WinXP is really nice, and VS.Net will not have any problem with it, and it
> could even be better than with Win2000

> > I'm thinking about replacing Win2k with WinXP. Is anyone running VS.NET
> Beta
> > 2 on WinXP? Any issues?
> > What are people's thoughts on WinXP vs. Win2k?

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 12:05:11 GMT
 VB.NET on WinXP?
I am running on XP and I like it as much as 2000. I also have .NET Server
beta running; I like it even better. Do not load XP Home if you want to do
web work.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge

****
Think outside the box!
****

Quote:
> I'm thinking about replacing Win2k with WinXP. Is anyone running VS.NET
Beta
> 2 on WinXP? Any issues?
> What are people's thoughts on WinXP vs. Win2k?

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 14:03:23 GMT
 VB.NET on WinXP?
I'm running the final version of VS.NET on XP Professional and it works
great.

I'm not an operating system guru, but to me XP seems to be the same as 2000
except that it's easier to use and configure stuff.

Quote:
> I'm thinking about replacing Win2k with WinXP. Is anyone running VS.NET
Beta
> 2 on WinXP? Any issues?
> What are people's thoughts on WinXP vs. Win2k?

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 06:04:06 GMT

1. writing CDs in vb.net on WinXP

2. VB.NET app won't work after update to WinXP SP1

3. WinXP Home Edition. .NET Framework

4. Has anyone else installed VS.NET on WinXP?

5. WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility

6. WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility

7. Excel 97 on WinXP Pro, early bound problems in VB

8. Running VB 6.0 application on WinXP

9. VB Application installing on WinXP

10. PROBLEM!!-->VB Application/IE6 crashing behavior when running a WinNT built app on WinXP

11. Compiling a VB app on WinNT vs. WinXP

12. WINXP and e_fail error w/ VB and FoxPro Database