System Tray application
Author Message
 System Tray application

Hi guys, I've been lookin' around for awhile now and can't find a whole lot
about using the system tray for an application.  I am hoping to simply
create an application that runs at startup, that places and icon in the
system tray.  when the icon is clicked on a windows opens my form..  Does
anyone have any links or examples?

Thanks so much!

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 04:45:43 GMT
 System Tray application
There's a notify icon control that you can add to your form from the
toolbox.  You can handle the clicking of that notify icon via the
DoubleClick method.  For instance:

Private Sub NotifyIcon1_DoubleClick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e
As System.EventArgs) Handles NotifyIcon1.DoubleClick

    ...code here... (i.e.) me.activate or something like that.

End Sub

Hope this helps,
Jim

Quote:
> Hi guys, I've been lookin' around for awhile now and can't find a whole
lot
> about using the system tray for an application.  I am hoping to simply
> create an application that runs at startup, that places and icon in the
> system tray.  when the icon is clicked on a windows opens my form..  Does
> anyone have any links or examples?

> Thanks so much!

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 05:13:49 GMT
 System Tray application
Wow that was much easier than i expected.. Thank you...

Quote:
> There's a notify icon control that you can add to your form from the
> toolbox.  You can handle the clicking of that notify icon via the
> DoubleClick method.  For instance:

> Private Sub NotifyIcon1_DoubleClick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e
> As System.EventArgs) Handles NotifyIcon1.DoubleClick

>     ...code here... (i.e.) me.activate or something like that.

> End Sub

> Hope this helps,
> Jim

> > Hi guys, I've been lookin' around for awhile now and can't find a whole
> lot
> > about using the system tray for an application.  I am hoping to simply
> > create an application that runs at startup, that places and icon in the
> > system tray.  when the icon is clicked on a windows opens my form..
Does
> > anyone have any links or examples?

> > Thanks so much!

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 06:13:46 GMT
 System Tray application
No problem.

Jim

Quote:
> Wow that was much easier than i expected.. Thank you...

> > There's a notify icon control that you can add to your form from the
> > toolbox.  You can handle the clicking of that notify icon via the
> > DoubleClick method.  For instance:

> > Private Sub NotifyIcon1_DoubleClick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal
> > As System.EventArgs) Handles NotifyIcon1.DoubleClick

> >     ...code here... (i.e.) me.activate or something like that.

> > End Sub

> > Hope this helps,
> > Jim

> > > Hi guys, I've been lookin' around for awhile now and can't find a
whole
> > lot
> > > about using the system tray for an application.  I am hoping to simply
> > > create an application that runs at startup, that places and icon in
the
> > > system tray.  when the icon is clicked on a windows opens my form..
> Does
> > > anyone have any links or examples?

> > > Thanks so much!

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:09:15 GMT

1. Hotkeys from a system tray application

2. Q: Problems with System Tray functionality in VB5 and question about TaskBar/System Tray

3. How to build an application that sits only in the system tray

4. Application -> start in system tray

5. Minimizing an Application to the System Tray...

6. VB applications and system tray - help!

7. VB applications running in the System Tray?

8. Iconizing application to system tray

9. system tray - modifying icons belonging to other applications

10. activate an application in the system tray

11. How to minimize application to system tray

12. How can i put my application icon in system tray