OLE Excel Upgrade From VB 6 To .NET
Author Message
 OLE Excel Upgrade From VB 6 To .NET

I'm upgrading an OLE based app from VB6 to .NET. And I'm not sure how to
implement one of my favorite toys under .NET: the assignment of a Excel
range object's value property to an array. This allows much faster
analysis of Excel data by avoiding using the Excel object (tres slow).

Under VB6 this would be:

Dim XLRange As Excel.Range    'Some range
Dim Data As Variant

XLRange = ASheet.Range("TestRange")
Data = XLRange.Value

Bingo! You have a data array.

How do I do this in VB .NET (with Option Strict On)

Sat, 25 Dec 2004 09:45:37 GMT
 OLE Excel Upgrade From VB 6 To .NET
Hello,

Take a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q302094

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards,
Max
==========================

--------------------

|Subject: OLE Excel Upgrade From VB 6 To .NET
|

|I'm upgrading an OLE based app from VB6 to .NET. And I'm not sure how to
|implement one of my favorite toys under .NET: the assignment of a Excel
|range object's value property to an array. This allows much faster
|analysis of Excel data by avoiding using the Excel object (tres slow).
|
|Under VB6 this would be:
|
|Dim XLRange As Excel.Range    'Some range
|Dim Data As Variant
|
|XLRange = ASheet.Range("TestRange")
|Data = XLRange.Value
|
|Bingo! You have a data array.
|
|How do I do this in VB .NET (with Option Strict On)
|

|*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
|Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 16:37:49 GMT
 OLE Excel Upgrade From VB 6 To .NET

I'm upgrading an OLE based app from VB6 to .NET. And I'm not sure how to
implement one of my favorite toys under .NET: the assignment of a Excel
range object's value property to an array. This allows much faster
analysis of Excel data by avoiding using the Excel object (tres slow).

Under VB6 this would be:

Dim XLRange As Excel.Range    'Some range
Dim Data As Variant

XLRange = ASheet.Range("TestRange")
Data = XLRange.Value

Bingo! You have a data array.

How do I do this in VB .NET (with Option Strict On)

See if the following example works for you:

HOWTO: Automate Excel From Visual Basic .Net To Fill or Obtain Data In a Range Using Arrays
(Q302094)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q302094

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 01:43:25 GMT

1. VB 6 To VB .NET OLE Upgrade Problems

2. Excel Ole automation with VB.NET

3. Upgrade from Visual Basic 6 webclasses to VB.NET/ASP.NET

4. debugging vb.net upgraded component in asp.net

5. OLE Access Excel (Datenimport von Excel in Access - muss nicht OLE sein)

6. Excel OLE very slow, can't pass by ref into Excel Macro from VB

7. Accessing VBIDE.VBE.VBProjects via Excel in VB .NET Causes Excel To Crash When App Terminates

8. Accessing VBIDE.VBE.VBProjects via Excel in VB .NET Causes Excel To Crash When App Terminates

9. Accessing VBIDE.VBE.VBProjects via Excel in VB .NET Causes Excel To Crash When Closed

10. Window Service upgrade to VB.Net 2003

11. Upgrade to VB.NET 2003

12. ANN: VB6 to VB.NET Upgrade Samples