is there COM in .NET
Author Message
 is there COM in .NET

Hi I want to know is there COM techonology same in .NET and what are the
major changes asfar as COM is concened in VB.

Thanking you
Saradhi

Sun, 10 Oct 2004 13:45:44 GMT
 is there COM in .NET
There certainly is COM in .NET, in the sense that you can create .NET
components that are usable from COM environments, and you can use COM
objects from within .NET.

.NET itself is not a COM environment though, it is just very capable of
interoperating with the COM world.

You might want to look at these docs:

VS.NET Technology Map:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/techmap_vsnet.asp
Calling a .NET Component from a COM Component:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/callnetfrcom.asp
Calling COM Components from .NET Clients:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/callcomcomp.asp

--
Duncan Mackenzie (MSDN)

and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use.

? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Please post all questions to the group. Thanks.

Quote:
> Hi I want to know is there COM techonology same in .NET and what are the
> major changes asfar as COM is concened in VB.

> Thanking you
> Saradhi

Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:07:01 GMT

2. i am using vb.net and crystal reports for visual studio.net

3. Calling COM EXE from VB.NET Service leaves COM EXE in Memory

4. Automation error referencing .net dll from com (com interop)

5. news:3qgju8$j7m@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com

6. Severe VB.NET COM/.NET Interop Limitation

7. I am using the Compare MS Project COM Program and having issues

8. Is com what I am looking for????

9. I am writing a book about VB .NET, and I need your help you

10. I am still confused with using ADO.Net

11. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control