vb.net textbox question
Author Message
 vb.net textbox question

Hi, I'm a newbie to vb.net and was wondering, how can I get the line number,
character and column from a textbox to appear in a label or statusbar?

Thanks in advance.

Eddie

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:42:46 GMT
 vb.net textbox question
Hi Eddie,

I think you have to use the SendMessage API for this.  First get SelStart property,
then use the EM_LINEFROMCHAR SendMEsage API to get the line number, then determien
the column number by subtracting the line index (EM_LINEINDEX) from the current
selStart position.

Quote:
> Hi, I'm a newbie to vb.net and was wondering, how can I get the line number,
> character and column from a textbox to appear in a label or statusbar?

> Thanks in advance.

> Eddie

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:02:34 GMT
 vb.net textbox question
Hello,

Quote:
> Hi, I'm a newbie to vb.net and was wondering, how can I get the line
number,
> character and column from a textbox to appear in a label or statusbar?

Line number:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K19D221D4

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:47:35 GMT

1. vb.net / ado.net design question

2. Newbie question (ado.net / vb.net)

3. Date problems with XML in ASP.NET / VB.NET- newbie question

4. VB.NET system.net.sockets question

5. Accept only uppercase alphabets in vb.net textboxes in webform

6. Selecting entire textbox in VB.NET

7. Draing inside a Textbox in VB.NET

8. TextBox Formatting Issue in VB.NET

9. Textbox databinding problem (VB.NET)

10. vb.net textbox - no ', only characters

11. Programmatically scrolling a textbox in VB.NET?

12. Data-Binding Textboxes to Datasets in VB.NET