is net.socket able to block receiving data until it handles the data
Author Message
 is net.socket able to block receiving data until it handles the data

i try to block receiving data with the net.socket class, but it seems, that
the stream
reads and reads until no data is available.

is there a mechanism to block the internal net.socket stack.

I want to limit the bandwidth of the receiving data for applications.
I don't know how to implement QOS or any other bandwidth shaping driver...

I've tested it with socket-api calls - that is what i want:

recv(buffer,bufferlen,,,) lets the server wait until the client calls
another recv!

How to implement a .net filesharing tool, without the ability to restrict
bandwidth?

regards
Philipp

Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:13:49 GMT

1. Receiving data using a Socket

2. Receive data through UDP-Socket.....?

3. Receiving data from socket

4. Winsock DataArrival, socket closing and can't GetData before receiving all the data

5. How can receive Binary Data from Socket?

6. ADO.Net: Data Access Blocks

7. recieve data asynchronously and send the data on the same socket

8. socket.receive [VB .NET]

9. Error: 10035: Socket is non-blocking and the specified operation will block

10. Help: change non-blocking to blocking socket app

11. socket.receive fails to receive

12. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control