FileListBox
Author Message
 FileListBox

Hi

How can I make a ListView or TreeView control that contains a full map of a
particular drive (much like windows explorer) and be able to return the
selected directory? (a filename isn't necessary)

I'm only starting out with VB.NET, so a well-explained code example would be
very useful.

Thanks,

David Angelovich

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:05:09 GMT
 FileListBox

I would recommend you just use the controls that are provided for this:
DriveListBox and DirListBox

You can then write code like
    DirListBox1.Path = DriveListBox.Drive

Also, we provide an OpenFileDialogue and SaveFileDialogue that give you the
look and feel of the standard file dialogues.

Cameron
Microsoft

Quote:
> Hi

> How can I make a ListView or TreeView control that contains a full map of
> particular drive (much like windows explorer) and be able to return the
> selected directory? (a filename isn't necessary)

> I'm only starting out with VB.NET, so a well-explained code example would
be
> very useful.

> Thanks,

> David Angelovich

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 00:01:02 GMT
 FileListBox
How do I access them?
They aren't in the toolbox. I was under the impression those controls had
been deleted from VB.NET.......

- David Angelovich

Quote:

> I would recommend you just use the controls that are provided for this:
> DriveListBox and DirListBox

> You can then write code like
>     DirListBox1.Path = DriveListBox.Drive

> Also, we provide an OpenFileDialogue and SaveFileDialogue that give you
the
> look and feel of the standard file dialogues.

> Cameron
> Microsoft

> > Hi

> > How can I make a ListView or TreeView control that contains a full map
of
> > particular drive (much like windows explorer) and be able to return the
> > selected directory? (a filename isn't necessary)

> > I'm only starting out with VB.NET, so a well-explained code example
would
> be
> > very useful.

> > Thanks,

> > David Angelovich

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 10:36:08 GMT

1. filelistbox question

2. using DirListBox , FileListBox and DriveListBox in a2k

3. DirListBox, FileListBox in a form????

4. Manipulate the filelistbox

5. adding a drivelistbox,dirlistbox and filelistbox to a user form

6. FileListBox, etc VB6 controls in a VBA Form?

7. drivelistbox,dirlistbox and filelistbox

8. DirListBox and FileListBox Controls

9. FileListBox similar in .net

10. FileListBox

11. Difficulty using the FileListBox

12. DriveListBox, DirListBox, FileListBox controls