Inherit WSDL generated vb into COM class
Author Message
 Inherit WSDL generated vb into COM class

I've created a COM class that is being accessed from an ASP (not ASP.NET)
page.  This works fine and if I have a Function or Sub in the class, I can
access it.

I've used WSDL.exe to create a set of VB classes representing my Web Service
(this works fine from console and ASP.NET).

I'm trying to inherit a Class from the auto generated VB code to use in my
COM object, but I get the following message:

'ComClass1' has no public members that can be exposed to COM; therefore, no
COM interfaces are generated.

My COM Class looks like this...

<ComClass(ComClass1.ClassId, ComClass1.InterfaceId, ComClass1.EventsId)> _
Public Class ComClass1
    Inherits LightWeightService
 <SNIP>COM GUIDs Region</SNIP>
    Public Sub New()
        MyBase.New()
    End Sub
End Class

Why can't I access the public members of LightWeightService?  (I expect this
is a Newbie to VB question)

Thanks in advance...

KAT .: .:

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 17:55:44 GMT

1. Problem with a vb.Net class inheriting from a c# class

2. nested class inherits containing class accessing private instance members

3. Inheriting the commondialog class in Vb.net

4. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

5. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

6. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

7. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

8. Generating COM callable wrapper around existing COM object

9. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

10. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

11. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

12. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects