Oracle .Net Data Provider Error 
Author Message
 Oracle .Net Data Provider Error

Please Help!

I'm trying to use the Oracle .Net Data Provider and I'm getting the
following error message:

Unable to load DLL (oci.dll).
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the
current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information
about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL
(oci.dll).
Source Error:
Line 93:
Line 94:         connectionOracle.ConnectionString = strConnectionString
Line 95:         connectionOracle.Open()
Line 96:
Line 97:     End Sub

I'm using the following code:

Dim connectionOracle As New System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection()
Dim strConnectionString = "Data Source=****;User ID=****;Password=****;"
connectionOracle.ConnectionString = strConnectionString
connectionOracle.Open()

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

DotNetNole



Fri, 11 Feb 2005 20:33:32 GMT  
 Oracle .Net Data Provider Error
I beleive you must install the Oracle client software on
the computer running your program, that will supply the
missing dll.

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Please Help!

>I'm trying to use the Oracle .Net Data Provider and I'm
getting the
>following error message:

>Unable to load DLL (oci.dll).
>Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the
execution of the
>current web request. Please review the stack trace for
more information
>about the error and where it originated in the code.
>Exception Details: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable
to load DLL
>(oci.dll).
>Source Error:
>Line 93:
>Line 94:         connectionOracle.ConnectionString =
strConnectionString
>Line 95:         connectionOracle.Open()
>Line 96:
>Line 97:     End Sub

>I'm using the following code:

>Dim connectionOracle As New

System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection()
Quote:
>Dim strConnectionString = "Data Source=****;User

ID=****;Password=****;"

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
>connectionOracle.ConnectionString = strConnectionString
>connectionOracle.Open()

>Does anybody have any suggestions?

>Thanks,

>DotNetNole

>.



Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:15:11 GMT  
 Oracle .Net Data Provider Error
Oci.dll is a file associated with the oracle client installation.
This doesn't sound like a .net problem.  Even if you have the managed
provider installed, you still have to have an oracle driver to talk to
the database.  Do you have the client for oracle installed on your
machine?

A good way to tell is to go to your DataSources listed in the Windows
-> Start -> Control Panel -> ODBC Data Source Administrator.  Under
the "Drivers" tab, you should have a Oracle driver of some sort
listed.  An example would be "Oracle in OraHome90."

If you don't see one, then do an Oracle client installation.  Talk to
your dba if you don't have the files.



Sat, 12 Feb 2005 04:05:37 GMT  
 Oracle .Net Data Provider Error
We had that error and it magically went away after a server reboot.  Just in
case it is that simple for you.


Please Help!

I'm trying to use the Oracle .Net Data Provider and I'm getting the
following error message:

Unable to load DLL (oci.dll).
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the
current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information
about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL
(oci.dll).
Source Error:
Line 93:
Line 94:         connectionOracle.ConnectionString = strConnectionString
Line 95:         connectionOracle.Open()
Line 96:
Line 97:     End Sub

I'm using the following code:

Dim connectionOracle As New System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection()
Dim strConnectionString = "Data Source=****;User ID=****;Password=****;"
connectionOracle.ConnectionString = strConnectionString
connectionOracle.Open()

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

DotNetNole



Sat, 12 Feb 2005 06:23:12 GMT  
 Oracle .Net Data Provider Error

Quote:

> Please Help!

> I'm trying to use the Oracle .Net Data Provider and I'm getting the
> following error message:

> Unable to load DLL (oci.dll).
> Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the
> current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information
> about the error and where it originated in the code.
> Exception Details: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL
> (oci.dll).

[SNIP]

You need to put the Oracle Net8/Net client on your computer along with
the OCI libraries. These libraries are listed under "Development" in the
Oracle Client installation. Oracle 9i Client works as well.

These need to be present on both your development machine and on any
machines you use to run the program.

Regards,
Henning



Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:57:09 GMT  
 Oracle .Net Data Provider Error
I have both Oracle 9i Client installed along with all OCI libraries
(interfaces).  Still
getting the same error.  Any other ideas??

DotNetNole



Quote:

> > Please Help!

> > I'm trying to use the Oracle .Net Data Provider and I'm getting the
> > following error message:

> > Unable to load DLL (oci.dll).
> > Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the
> > current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information
> > about the error and where it originated in the code.
> > Exception Details: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL
> > (oci.dll).

> [SNIP]

> You need to put the Oracle Net8/Net client on your computer along with
> the OCI libraries. These libraries are listed under "Development" in the
> Oracle Client installation. Oracle 9i Client works as well.

> These need to be present on both your development machine and on any
> machines you use to run the program.

> Regards,
> Henning



Mon, 14 Feb 2005 04:40:31 GMT  
 Oracle .Net Data Provider Error
This looks like an asp.net project? In which case the account that is
running the web server needs permissions on the oracle home directory. I
believe that READ is all that is required but there should be an article on
troubleshooting this at technet. You can quickly prove wether its a
permissions issue or not by making the iis account a member of
administrators on the web server (taking it out again afterward!)

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
Audit Commission UK
*****************************************
Please include version and platform
and SQL where applicable
It makes life easier and increases the
likelihood of a good answer

******************************************

Quote:
> I have both Oracle 9i Client installed along with all OCI libraries
> (interfaces).  Still
> getting the same error.  Any other ideas??

> DotNetNole




> > > Please Help!

> > > I'm trying to use the Oracle .Net Data Provider and I'm getting the
> > > following error message:

> > > Unable to load DLL (oci.dll).
> > > Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
the
> > > current web request. Please review the stack trace for more
information
> > > about the error and where it originated in the code.
> > > Exception Details: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL
> > > (oci.dll).

> > [SNIP]

> > You need to put the Oracle Net8/Net client on your computer along with
> > the OCI libraries. These libraries are listed under "Development" in the
> > Oracle Client installation. Oracle 9i Client works as well.

> > These need to be present on both your development machine and on any
> > machines you use to run the program.

> > Regards,
> > Henning



Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:33:13 GMT  
 Oracle .Net Data Provider Error
Check the PATH variable as well as the security settings on the folder
if you are using Win2k or WinXP (Read and Execute needs to be allowed).
Quote:

> I have both Oracle 9i Client installed along with all OCI libraries
> (interfaces).  Still
> getting the same error.  Any other ideas??

> DotNetNole




> > > Please Help!

> > > I'm trying to use the Oracle .Net Data Provider and I'm getting the
> > > following error message:

> > > Unable to load DLL (oci.dll).
> > > Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the
> > > current web request. Please review the stack trac



Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:59:21 GMT  
 Oracle .Net Data Provider Error
Well if you look at the operating system code recently released from
Microsoft it you would see the.
If databasetype=Oracle then Call MakeTrouble.  This is there for security
reasons, and microsoft won't release the code in MakeTrouble for security
reasons.

Quote:
> This looks like an asp.net project? In which case the account that is
> running the web server needs permissions on the oracle home directory. I
> believe that READ is all that is required but there should be an article
on
> troubleshooting this at technet. You can quickly prove wether its a
> permissions issue or not by making the iis account a member of
> administrators on the web server (taking it out again afterward!)

> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK
> *****************************************
> Please include version and platform
> and SQL where applicable
> It makes life easier and increases the
> likelihood of a good answer

> ******************************************


> > I have both Oracle 9i Client installed along with all OCI libraries
> > (interfaces).  Still
> > getting the same error.  Any other ideas??

> > DotNetNole




> > > > Please Help!

> > > > I'm trying to use the Oracle .Net Data Provider and I'm getting the
> > > > following error message:

> > > > Unable to load DLL (oci.dll).
> > > > Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
> the
> > > > current web request. Please review the stack trace for more
> information
> > > > about the error and where it originated in the code.
> > > > Exception Details: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL
> > > > (oci.dll).

> > > [SNIP]

> > > You need to put the Oracle Net8/Net client on your computer along with
> > > the OCI libraries. These libraries are listed under "Development" in
the
> > > Oracle Client installation. Oracle 9i Client works as well.

> > > These need to be present on both your development machine and on any
> > > machines you use to run the program.

> > > Regards,
> > > Henning



Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:03:57 GMT  
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. New Oracle Data Provider for .NET

2. Firebird .NET Data Provider 1.1 Alpha 2 ( for .NET 1.0 ) available

3. Connecting to Oracle thru Oracle OLE DB Provider(OraOLDDB.Oracle)

4. Array insert using Microsoft Oracle Provider for .Net

5. OLE DB Provider for Oracle problem in Data Environment

6. ADO and Oracle RDB - what data provider to use

7. Error -2147286960 Source: Provider (Oracle)

8. ORA-01400 error during AddNew w/Oracle OLE DB provider

9. Error -2147286960 Source: Provider (Oracle)

10. ODBC.NET data provider

11. OLE DB .NET Data Provider - Connection object

12. Unable to connect Oracle using the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software