excel sheet messes up my db path
Author Message
 excel sheet messes up my db path

Hello everyone,

I am hoping someone here had this happen to them, because I don't really
know where to start in telling you why it is happening.

I have a form that looks in an Excel sheet and grabs a list of names and
places them in a list box. However, when I try to set up a new event in my
database, it starts looking for my database in whatever folder the excel
sheet was in. I use relative paths for connecting to my database, and
somehow my connections seem to start using the path of the Excel sheet.

I can cheat and place all my excel sheets in the bin folder with my
database, but that's a pain in the butt.
Any help in how to debug this would be helpful too.

thanks for any help.

Jason

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:30:57 GMT

1. Error creating Access-DB from Excel-sheet??

2. How do you import several execl sheets into a db in VBA

3. Excel Sheet Names - Excel.Application.Sheets("sheet1")

4. Close and Save Excel Sheet from Access

5. Populate EXCEL Spread Sheet from ACCESS

6. Access OLE object insert Excel sheet

7. Using Excel workbooks and sheet from Access

8. Access opening Excel sheet in visual basic design mode

9. Problem with exporting query to excel sheet

10. Connecting Excel-Sheet to Access

11. Print Excel sheet from Ac97

12. Access - Export to Excel.. Multiple sheets