How to build a form that shows properties?
Author Message
 How to build a form that shows properties?

Hi,

I am trying to build a form that will show the properties of some item
(similar to the Properties window in Visual Studio.NET). Specifically, I am
would like to know what window control I should use to display a list of
property/value pairs for some item.

Any code/links/suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 04:51:36 GMT
 How to build a form that shows properties?
Look at the PropertyGrid control.

HTH

David

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am trying to build a form that will show the properties of some item
> (similar to the Properties window in Visual Studio.NET). Specifically, I
am
> would like to know what window control I should use to display a list of
> property/value pairs for some item.

> Any code/links/suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 06:00:39 GMT
 How to build a form that shows properties?
You could use a Datagrid if your properties are dynamic and stored in the
datasource as well. If create a treeview that when you clicked on a node,
showed are property window, with a column of properties, and a column of
values.  If the property was suppose to use a combo for a value, I just
place a combo over the grid when the user enter the cell.  Devexpress has a
grid that will work in a card view to do the same thing, but allow built in
editors.

Andrew Stewart

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am trying to build a form that will show the properties of some item
> (similar to the Properties window in Visual Studio.NET). Specifically, I
am
> would like to know what window control I should use to display a list of
> property/value pairs for some item.

> Any code/links/suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 06:54:35 GMT
 How to build a form that shows properties?
Thanks for the info. What a cool control...I also found this article that
shows how to do different things with it:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndo...
ml/usingpropgrid.asp

In the PropertyGrid, properties of type "Collection" show a button with an
elipse in the value column of the grid. Pressing this button launches an
Object Collection Editor form.

Now I am trying to figure out how to customize the Object Collection Editor
so that it recognizes the custom objects that make up the collection.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
> Look at the PropertyGrid control.

> HTH

> David

> > Hi,

> > I am trying to build a form that will show the properties of some item
> > (similar to the Properties window in Visual Studio.NET). Specifically, I
> am
> > would like to know what window control I should use to display a list of
> > property/value pairs for some item.

> > Any code/links/suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 01:34:08 GMT

1. Form Properties not showing as popup

2. Control.Text Property won't show up on form

3. Any property that shows # of MDIChild form opened?

4. Any property that shows # of MDIChild form opened?

5. How to show toolbar before form is shown

6. Show Built In DDE Function Code

7. Trying to Build a Query using a String - Problem was Debug not showing all off value

8. Display method acting as Show method on built-in dialog File New

9. Build an application that show the structure of bd in Ado

10. Visible Property of Built-in Menu bar

11. How to get Built-in properties of microsoft outlook

12. Build-In Properties