ASP.NET App v. VB.NET App
Author Message
 ASP.NET App v. VB.NET App

I have to make a new suite of software for our store and
I was wondering which way to go, with an ASP.NET app on
our server or running a server application on the server
and client apps on the workstations. It is basically
software to run our store, with sales invoices, returns,
quotes, labor, etc. All the data will be stored in XML
files. I've never worked with ASP.NET, but I have done
ASP and I've been programming VB for 6 years. I was just
wondering which would be the best route to go (which I
guess is more of an opinion and thats what Im asking
for). There will be 4 or more workstations running the
software at a time and accessing the data.

Thanks for your input,
Chris

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 02:26:03 GMT
 ASP.NET App v. VB.NET App
Hi,
I think its more easy and quick to make this kind of application in asp.net
then as a windows forms app. And u could use sqlserver2000 which  u can
query easily as compared to manipulating xml data with xpathwill require u
to write more code. With asp.net the clients wont have to be equipped with
.net framework.

Quote:
> I have to make a new suite of software for our store and
> I was wondering which way to go, with an ASP.NET app on
> our server or running a server application on the server
> and client apps on the workstations. It is basically
> software to run our store, with sales invoices, returns,
> quotes, labor, etc. All the data will be stored in XML
> files. I've never worked with ASP.NET, but I have done
> ASP and I've been programming VB for 6 years. I was just
> wondering which would be the best route to go (which I
> guess is more of an opinion and thats what Im asking
> for). There will be 4 or more workstations running the
> software at a time and accessing the data.

> Thanks for your input,
> Chris

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 05:31:27 GMT

1. Conversion of VB.Net App to ASP .Net App

2. VB.Net Localhost for ASP.Net app?

3. Crystal Rpts and VB.NET/ASP.NET App ?

4. Common objects between windows app and asp.net app

5. Accessing vb.net class from non.vb.net apps

6. VB.NET DLL's With A VB.NET App

7. .NET Configuration/ VB.NET app help

8. My Vb.Net Apps will not run on other machine's with .Net Framework installed

9. VB.NET app does not run on OS having .NET redistributable files installed

10. ? vb asp.net web app

11. faking asp object context from vb.net app to vb6 dll

12. faking asp object context from vb.net app to vb6 dll