Problem with data adapter and odbc driver
Author Message
 Problem with data adapter and odbc driver

I am trying to access data in Dataflex Files using flex/odbc driver with the
data adapter wizard in vb.net.  I get a successful connection, but then I
get a message that the data adapter is not compatible.

I am using Visual Studio .net Professional, academic edition

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 13:44:19 GMT
 Problem with data adapter and odbc driver
Hi Bill,

I'd suggest you not use the wizard.

I'm using the odbc driver to connect to .dbf files in code:
First, of course, set the imports statement:

Imports Microsoft.Data.Odbc

then

Dim da_d As New OdbcDataAdapter("select * from invdet", oconn_d)

Dim ds_d As New DataSet("DS")

da_d.Fill(ds_d, "DS")

If you try this and it fails, you probably didn't properly install the odbc
driver.

HTH,

Bernie Yaeger

Quote:
> I am trying to access data in Dataflex Files using flex/odbc driver with
the
> data adapter wizard in vb.net.  I get a successful connection, but then I
> get a message that the data adapter is not compatible.

> I am using Visual Studio .net Professional, academic edition

> Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 14:02:23 GMT

1. [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

2. Oracle ODBC driver / Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle

3. Data adapter problems

4. Annoying problem in the Data Adapters

5. Unable to import SAS data into ACCESS97 or EXCEL 2000 using the SAS ODBC driver

6. Need ODBC driver for FoxPro data

7. 01004 - 0 - [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data, right truncation

8. Oracle 7.3.2 - retrieving blob data using ODBC driver

9. -2147217889 [ODBC SQL Server Driver] String Data, Right Truncation

10. How to see first line as data with ADO+ODBC/Microsoft Text Driver

11. [ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

12. * Microsoft Text Driver as an ODBC driver