Synchronization issue - Threading (volatile keyword)
Author Message
 Synchronization issue - Threading (volatile keyword)

Hi,

There is no volatile keyword in VB so what is the equivalent?

Thanks,
VJ

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 07:48:14 GMT
 Synchronization issue - Threading (volatile keyword)
Veejay,

Quote:
>There is no volatile keyword in VB so what is the equivalent?

There's no equivalent to volatile in VB.NET.

Mattias

===

http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/
Please reply only to the newsgroup.

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 08:23:54 GMT
 Synchronization issue - Threading (volatile keyword)
Anyway of achieving the same effect.  I basically have two threads checking
the same variable.  Without this how would threading be useful?

VJ

Quote:
> Veejay,

> >There is no volatile keyword in VB so what is the equivalent?

> There's no equivalent to volatile in VB.NET.

> Mattias

> ===

> http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/
> Please reply only to the newsgroup.

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:11:33 GMT
 Synchronization issue - Threading (volatile keyword)
You can use the Monitor class or SyncRoot.

HTH

David

Quote:
> Anyway of achieving the same effect.  I basically have two threads
checking
> the same variable.  Without this how would threading be useful?

> VJ

> > Veejay,

> > >There is no volatile keyword in VB so what is the equivalent?

> > There's no equivalent to volatile in VB.NET.

> > Mattias

> > ===

> > http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/
> > Please reply only to the newsgroup.

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 13:10:21 GMT

1. threads synchronization & deadlocking

2. Synchronization Issues with Public Folder

3. Threading issue..

4. Is there an issue with Suspended threads leaking?

5. Seeking advice on threading issues

6. VB Threading issue

7. DLL Threading Issue

8. Threading Issues with VB6

9. multi-threaded issue?

10. VB Com and Threading issues

11. Object creation problem - concurrency/threading issue??

12. VB Threads vs. Timers Design Issue