vb.net step by step by Michael Halvorsen
Author Message
 vb.net step by step by Michael Halvorsen

Vic,

Quote:
>While this may very well be true, why does'nt
>the 'text' type ahead pop up after the dot is typed ?

The ListBox.Text property is marked with the attribute
EditorBrowsable(EditorBrowsableState.Advanced), which makes it hidden
from IntelliSense lists unless you go into the VS.NET IDE options
dialog and uncheck Text Editor / Basic / General / Hide advanced
members. So basicly, someone at Microsoft thought it should be
considered "advanced" to use this property.

Quote:
>How would I know to use such a property of an object when
>it does not exist (or appear to exist) as a property in
>the first place ?

You look in the documentation for the class (Listbox) and all its base
classes. The "Listbox members" topic in the docs lists all properties
that you can use.

Mattias

===

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Please reply only to the newsgroup.

Thu, 16 Jun 2005 02:44:27 GMT
 vb.net step by step by Michael Halvorsen

Thank-you for the response.
You explained it VERY well.The first developer did not provide enough
info.Very frustrating.
Thanks again.

Thu, 16 Jun 2005 07:42:22 GMT

1. HELP - need excercise files CDrom Visual C# .NET step by step

2. Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Step by Step

3. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

4. Online VB Turtorial Step by Step

5. WTB: VB Step By Step Book

6. VB Step By Step Book

7. step by step vb database

8. Undo and Redo List, one step, not many steps, VBA

9. just works step by step

10. One Step Forward, On Step Back

11. QuickBasic to VB5 one small step for some one big step for me

12. Step By Step VB6.0 Book.