FileListBox
Author Message
 FileListBox

Where is the FileListBox in the ToolBox for VB.NET Standard.  Everytime I
find documentation on files, I ultimately see the ref to a FileListBox for
the form.  Iswear I've check all setting and can't find  it.  I used VB3 Pro
a few years ago and it was there.  Trying to update the same basic program
which uses a list box for file selection.

Wed, 08 Jun 2005 14:08:59 GMT
 FileListBox
Right click in the Tool Box -> Customize toolbox... -

Quote:
> .NET Framework Components

You will find there FileListBox, and some other
compatibility components.

Quote:

Thu, 09 Jun 2005 01:02:09 GMT
 FileListBox
Not there anymore.  Look into the DirectoryInfo and FileInfo functions. They
are MUCH more powerful.  You'll like them.

Tom

Quote:
> Where is the FileListBox in the ToolBox for VB.NET Standard.  Everytime I
> find documentation on files, I ultimately see the ref to a FileListBox for
> the form.  Iswear I've check all setting and can't find  it.  I used VB3
Pro
> a few years ago and it was there.  Trying to update the same basic program
> which uses a list box for file selection.

Wed, 08 Jun 2005 20:06:35 GMT
 FileListBox
Your install must be way different than mine because there is no filelistbox
in my .NET componants list. I just have VB Standard though.  Perhaps this is
something meant for C programming I donno, but the filelistbox in VB was an
intrisic control.

Randy

Quote:
> Right click in the Tool Box -> Customize toolbox... -
> > .NET Framework Components

> You will find there FileListBox, and some other
> compatibility components.

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:45:04 GMT
 FileListBox
I suspect it may only be there if VB6 was already installed on the machine.

Tom

Quote:
> Your install must be way different than mine because there is no
filelistbox
> in my .NET componants list. I just have VB Standard though.  Perhaps this
is
> something meant for C programming I donno, but the filelistbox in VB was
an
> intrisic control.

> Randy

> > Right click in the Tool Box -> Customize toolbox... -
> > > .NET Framework Components

> > You will find there FileListBox, and some other
> > compatibility components.

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:00:43 GMT
 FileListBox
Are you saying you just have VB .NET Standard? Because I have Visual Studio
6 installed and still do not see this.  There is a VB 6 Controls installer
on the componant CD maybe that's the source for this?

Randy

At this point I am just curious because I am personally not missing the old
controls at all :P

Quote:
> I suspect it may only be there if VB6 was already installed on the
machine.

> Tom

> > Your install must be way different than mine because there is no
> filelistbox
> > in my .NET componants list. I just have VB Standard though.  Perhaps
this
> is
> > something meant for C programming I donno, but the filelistbox in VB was
> an
> > intrisic control.

> > Randy

> > > Right click in the Tool Box -> Customize toolbox... -

> > > You will find there FileListBox, and some other
> > > compatibility components.

Wed, 15 Jun 2005 04:15:43 GMT

1. filelistbox question

2. using DirListBox , FileListBox and DriveListBox in a2k

3. DirListBox, FileListBox in a form????

4. Manipulate the filelistbox

5. adding a drivelistbox,dirlistbox and filelistbox to a user form

6. FileListBox, etc VB6 controls in a VBA Form?

7. drivelistbox,dirlistbox and filelistbox

8. DirListBox and FileListBox Controls

9. FileListBox similar in .net

10. Difficulty using the FileListBox

11. FileListBox

12. DriveListBox, DirListBox, FileListBox controls