Application That Will Record and Play Sound (real-time)
Author Message
 Application That Will Record and Play Sound (real-time)

Does anyone have any examples of a .net application (can be C# or vb.net) I
can download that will record and play sound?

I can't seem to find any examples on the Web...

Thanks!

-Todd

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 20:17:44 GMT
 Application That Will Record and Play Sound (real-time)
I think there are several ways to do this.  My method is as follows:

1. Under Project, add a reference on the Com tab to the Microsoft Multimedia
Control (MCI32.OCX) --You will possibly need to have Visual Basic installed
to have access to this control.

2.  Click on Tools | Customize toolbox and under the COM components tab
select the Microsoft Multimedia Control

3.  The MMControl will now appear on your Windows Forms component list, so
that you can drop it on a form.

4.  Here is some code to set up the playing of a wave file. (You need to
click on the play button of the control to play the file):

System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

        Me.OpenFileDialog1.ShowDialog()

        With Me.AxMMControl1
            .FileName = Me.OpenFileDialog1.FileName
            .DeviceType = "WaveAudio"
            .Wait = True
            .Command = "Open"
            .Wait = True
        End With

    End Sub

Quote:
> Does anyone have any examples of a .net application (can be c# or vb.net)
> can download that will record and play sound?

> I can't seem to find any examples on the Web...

> Thanks!

> -Todd

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 04:11:25 GMT

1. Playing sounds even if other applications are playing sounds

2. Real-time processing of recorded sound

3. Mix one Sound with other In Real Time

4. Mix one sound with other in real time

5. play midi note(s) in real time ?

6. How to Play sounds and then move to a new Record withOUT errors

7. Sound record & play

8. VB Control to play and record sounds

9. VB Control to play and record sounds

10. How to record and play sounds

11. Sample for play and record sound card ?

12. Want to record sound from Mic store it in a string var and play it back