Docking MDI-Children?
Author Message
 Docking MDI-Children?

How can I dock a MDI-Child-Window to its parent form?
I want to make an outlook-like user interface with the nav-bar docked on the
left
and the new windows maximized to the right free space.
How can i do this easily?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 04:31:22 GMT
 Docking MDI-Children?
In your MDI form Add a panel, dock it left. then in run time create a new
instance of your child form, set it's dock property to full, and then use
the panels controls collection to add your child form to it.

Quote:
> How can I dock a MDI-Child-Window to its parent form?
> I want to make an outlook-like user interface with the nav-bar docked on
the
> left
> and the new windows maximized to the right free space.
> How can i do this easily?

> Thanks for your help in advance!

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 06:16:09 GMT
 Docking MDI-Children?
Look in the help for :
ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/vbcon/html/vbtskCreatingIntricateUserInterfaceWi
thWindowsApplicationObjects.htm
You will find exactly what you want step by step.

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 07:16:25 GMT
 Docking MDI-Children?
Do the following in code fi you call the window from the MDI form
frmChildWindow.MdiParent = Me

frmChildwindow.show()

Quote:
> How can I dock a MDI-Child-Window to its parent form?
> I want to make an outlook-like user interface with the nav-bar docked on
the
> left
> and the new windows maximized to the right free space.
> How can i do this easily?

> Thanks for your help in advance!

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 08:38:38 GMT

1. Docking and Undocking MDI child forms

2. How to dock MDI child windows

3. Docking Child Forms to MDI parent

4. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

5. MDI problem, com MDI to MDI-child

6. MDI problem, com MDI to MDI-child

7. MDI problem, com MDI to MDI child

8. Using MDI Menus with child menu when child are hidden for popup

9. Using MDI Menus with child menu when child are hidden for popup

10. MDI Child ActiveX not treated as true child.

11. Modifying object in MDI Parent form from MDI Child form

12. Make a reference to a MDI form with a reference of a MDI child form