Major bug with MDI child forms! Anyone else experience this?
Author Message
 Major bug with MDI child forms! Anyone else experience this?

I am writing a new MDI app. I want one of the child forms to load when the
parent app loads. I set the child form's ControlBox property to false and
its WindowState property to maximized so that it fills the screen when
loaded. No matter what I do and how many properties I mess with, the control
box is always there. I will go away if there is any change in the
WindowState. I have even tried setting Me.ControlBox = False in the form
load event of the child form as suggested by someone else, but that doesn't
work either. If anyone know of any workarounds for this, I would sure
appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:12:08 GMT
 Major bug with MDI child forms! Anyone else experience this?
David,

You can set the child form's FormBorderStyle = None. It works for me here.

Thanks,
Peter Wu
Microsoft Corporation

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection Program and to
order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:57:39 GMT
 Major bug with MDI child forms! Anyone else experience this?
Peter,

    I tried that. Still ge the control box at the top when it is maximized.
Can you tell me exactly what properties you set to what and maybe even a
code snippet if you are doing anything special?

Thanks!

Quote:
> David,

> You can set the child form's FormBorderStyle = None. It works for me here.

> Thanks,
> Peter Wu
> Microsoft Corporation

rights.

> Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to
> order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:57:45 GMT
 Major bug with MDI child forms! Anyone else experience this?
My suggestion only removes the Min, Max and Close buttons on the top right corner. It
cannot remove the Box you are interested in on the top left corner. I'm afraid you cannot
disable it in .NET although you can do it in VB6.

You can do the following:
Set MinimizeButton and MaximizeButton = False
Set MDIChildForm's Text = empty

Although you can still  see the controlbox on the upper left corner, but you cannot do
anything, such as restore, minimize or maximize.

Anyway, it looks like a problem in WinForm.

Thanks,
Peter Wu
Microsoft Corporation

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection Program and to
order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:52:22 GMT
 Major bug with MDI child forms! Anyone else experience this?
try like this

dim PE_Form as new form

PE_Form.MdiParent = Me
PE_Form.ShowInTaskbar = False

PE_Form.StartPosition = FormStartPosition.CenterScreen

PE_Form.SizeGripStyle = SizeGripStyle.Hide

PE_Form.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.None

PE_Form.ControlBox = False

PE_Form.MaximizeBox = False

PE_Form.MinimizeBox = False

PE_Form.Show()

PE_Form.Dock = DockStyle.Fill

--
Leandro Teixeira

Quote:
> I am writing a new MDI app. I want one of the child forms to load when the
> parent app loads. I set the child form's ControlBox property to false and
> its WindowState property to maximized so that it fills the screen when
> loaded. No matter what I do and how many properties I mess with, the
control
> box is always there. I will go away if there is any change in the
> WindowState. I have even tried setting Me.ControlBox = False in the form
> load event of the child form as suggested by someone else, but that
doesn't
> work either. If anyone know of any workarounds for this, I would sure
> appreciate it.

> Thanks in advance!

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:55:53 GMT

1. ****ANYONE EXPERIENCE BUG WITH MAX WIN95 MDI CHILD FORM??***

2. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

3. BUGS in MDI Children forms

4. HELP: BUG: Maximized Win95 MDI Child Form Disappears

5. Modifying object in MDI Parent form from MDI Child form

6. Make a reference to a MDI form with a reference of a MDI child form

7. MDI-Child form and positon on MDI-form

8. Developing OLE MDI Child forms displayed on Control MDI Form

9. MDI child forms on top of a picture on a MDI form

10. Help with MDI Forms and MDI child forms

11. Modal non MDI forms and Modeless MDI child forms in VB 5.0

12. Allow MDI Child form to overlap Aligned Picture Box in MDI Form