Floating windows?
Author Message
 Floating windows?

Jim,

Try out our DockableWindow control.  It has all the functionality to create
docking tool windows, auto-hide, and tabbed MDI.
http://www.*-*-*.com/

--
Bill Henning
Actipro Software LLC

Check out our Wizard, DockableWindow, TabStripPanel controls for .NET at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:

> In the VB IDE (both vb6 and vb.net) there are floating windows.  If you
> click down on the toolbox's name and drag it, you can drag it out onto the
> desktop.  You can also put it anywhere you want in the IDE as it snaps
back
> in.

> How is this done in a VB6 or vb.net  app?  Any examples you could point me
> towards would be appreciated.

> Thanks!

> Jim

Wed, 23 Feb 2005 03:57:58 GMT
 Floating windows?
I do know of one customer who does something similar and swaps tool windows
in and out based on different contexts.  With DockableWindow you have full
programmatic control over everything so it certainly should be possible to
allow plug-ins to modify layouts.

--
Bill Henning
Actipro Software LLC

Check out our Wizard, DockableWindow, TabStripPanel controls for .NET at:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/products/dotnet/

Quote:
> Thanks for the link.  The control looks great.

> What I'm after is a way to create a base program and allow other 3rd party
> developers to write add-ins for my core program.

> Have you ever used the controls in that way?  Have you ever seen a program
> like that done?

> > Jim,

> > Try out our DockableWindow control.  It has all the functionality to
> create
> > docking tool windows, auto-hide, and tabbed MDI.
> > http://www.actiprosoftware.com/products/dotnet/

> > --
> > Bill Henning
> > Actipro Software LLC

> > Check out our Wizard, DockableWindow, TabStripPanel controls for .NET
at:
> > http://www.actiprosoftware.com/products/dotnet/

> > > In the VB IDE (both vb6 and vb.net) there are floating windows.  If
you
> > > click down on the toolbox's name and drag it, you can drag it out onto
> the
> > > desktop.  You can also put it anywhere you want in the IDE as it snaps
> > back
> > > in.

> > > How is this done in a VB6 or vb.net  app?  Any examples you could
point
> me
> > > towards would be appreciated.

> > > Thanks!

> > > Jim

Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:29:19 GMT

1. How To make Floating window ?

2. how do I float windows ?

3. Floating window?

4. Floating window

5. How do I create a Floating Window?

6. Floating windows in VB

7. Floating Window

8. Floating Window: Help me with this code.

9. How to Create a Floating Window

10. Floating windows?

11. Floating Windows

12. Floating Window in VB4