Difficulty using the FileListBox
Author Message
 Difficulty using the FileListBox

I am writing a small Visaul Basic .NET app to rename files and am having
difficulties getting the FileListBox to behave as expected.  I have placed a
DriveListBox, a DirListBox, and FileListBox on my form and linked them
together with the following code:

Private Sub DriveListBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(<snip>) _
Handles DriveListBox1.SelectedIndexChanged
    DirListBox1.Path = DriveListBox1.Path
End Sub

Private Sub DirListBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(<snip>) _
Handles DirListBox1.SelectedIndexChanged
    FileListBox1.Path = DirListBox1.Path
End Sub

When I run the app I am able to browse files as you would expect, however
the FileListBox does update and show the files inside a directory until you
click a different directory in the DirListBox.  The FileListBox is "one
click behind" the other controls.  How can I correct this.  Also, what
method would I use to read the names of files in a directory into an array?
I am having difficulty finding the information I need in the docs provided
by Visual Studio .NET   TIA

Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:42:47 GMT

1. Difficulty with ADS_PROV_SPECIFIC using vbscript / ldap

2. having difficulty establishing security using VB 4.0(16-bit) and Jet 2.5

3. Difficulties using the Include virtual file directive...

4. Difficulty with ADS_PROV_SPECIFIC using vbscript / ldap

5. Difficulty creating common dialogs in NT using Win32 API

6. using DirListBox , FileListBox and DriveListBox in a2k

7. VB TransferText Command difficulties

8. LIKE operator difficulty

9. Avg difficulties

10. Difficulties with 2 "@"-signs in messagebox

11. Create Appointment difficulty

12. RTF - inserting text - difficulties with RTF code stripped by Outlook