Enumerating Top-level Application Windows
Author Message
 Enumerating Top-level Application Windows

Hello microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb!

I have found this article:
http://www.*-*-*.com/
xpvisualstyles.asp

I've tried to make the program described there, but there is one problem:

"Enumerating Top-level Application Windows
Enumerating top-level application windows is straight forward using the
Win32 API EnumWindows. This is a well-documented API that takes an EnumFunc
callback function as a parameter. For each top-level window on the desktop,
the EnumFunc will be called back by the system with the window handle of the
top-level window as a parameter. Not all top-level windows should appear in
the AltTab list. A number of properties of the window are queried, and
various conditions must be satisfied: Is the window an application window?
Can the window be activated? Is it visible? Is it a ToolWindow?"

I don't know how to inquire if "Can the window be activated?" and "Is it a
ToolWindow?". I did't know what the author meat.
Could anyone help me? TIA

--
OJO

"You cannot say, that everybody's happy,
But you can say, that everybody is now
Safe from each other."
King Diamond

Fri, 18 Nov 2005 03:30:20 GMT

1. Top-Level Windows

2. Enumerating all songs in Windows Media Player with enumerate all Visual Basic

3. make an application the top most windows

4. enumerate all folders at same level as inbox

5. Enumerating ACLs at OU level

6. Enumerating a Top N report CR8

7. Processing Top Level information failed error msg - help needed

8. Parent of root of folder (top level) ?

9. Job Opportunity for 1-2 top-level VB/VBA/Win32API programmers

10. Parent of root of folder (top level) ?

11. Finding the top level folder - Outlook Today

12. How do I add a top level folder using vb