Porting multi-component VB6 apps to VB.NET?
Author Message
 Porting multi-component VB6 apps to VB.NET?

We have a set of "library" DLLs we wrote in VB6 that all our in-house
applications use.  The DLLs themselves have interdependencies via OLE.

The problem lies in trying to port this to VB.NET.  The "bottom" DLL
is the one we call "ErrHandler".  It has no dependencies, and ports
fine.  So what you'd like to do then is port the next DLL, called
WinAPI, which only has a dependency to ErrHandler.  But.  You don't
want the ported code  to point back to the COM-based ErrHandler, you
want it to point to the .NET one you just ported.  You don't want your
.NET code to be cluttered with a bunch of COM references.

The porting wizard doesn't seem bright enough to deal with this.  Can
anyone suggest a "best" approach we might take?

Gannet
imo, ime, fwiw, ianad, ymmv, dnrtupol, etc.

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:24:30 GMT

1. VB6 COM+ Component kills ASP .Net app

2. Can VB .NET create a multi-threaded components?

3. Porting VB5/6 Apps to .NET

4. App porting from Access 97 to VB6

5. App porting from Access 97 to VB6

6. N-tier sample app in VB.NET showcasing Business Entity Components

7. Problem when porting VB Script t to VB.Net

8. Trouble Porting VB 3.0 SQLServer App to VB 4.0 and Oracle

9. Problem when porting VB Script t to VB.Net

10. Problem when porting VB Script t to VB.Net

11. Flow Charting Component for VB6/VB.NET

12. ASP.NET App v. VB.NET App