ADO.NET & Crystal Reports
Author Message
 ADO.NET & Crystal Reports

I add a DataSet item to my Windows Application project.
Then, I add a new Crystal Report item to my project. I
create a new Data Connection in the Server Explorer using
the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, and add a
table from my SQL Server 2000 database to the Crystal
Report.

I have a windows form with a Crystal Report Viewer. I
create a dataset and fille it at code, then I assign this
dataset to a instance of the Crystal Report.

rpdSales.SetDataSource(dsSales)

Then, I assign the Crystal Report to the Crystal Report
Viewer.

fPrintSales.crvSales.ReportSource = rpdSales

All the code executes fine, the dataset is filled with the
correct data. But when I show the form, an error occurs.

fPrintSales.ShowDialog()

I can't catch the error. Just appear a box with the
message 'Query Engine Error', and the path an name of the
temporary file of the Crystal Report .rpt file.

All the code is inside the form wich contains the Crystal
Report Viewer. ?What I'm doing wrong?

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 07:42:29 GMT

1. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

2. Crystal Reports from ASP.NET without compiling VB.NET on SQL/ADO changes

3. Linking Crystal Report with a stored Procedure -- crystal report for visual studio.net

4. vb .net crystal reports not compatible with Crystal Reports 8.5

5. VB.net and crystal reports.net Multiple reports

6. Web Reports (ASP.NET and Crystal Reports for .Net)

7. Crystal Report based on ADO.Net dataset prompts for database login

8. Ado.net connection with Crystal Reports

9. programmatically adding ADO dataset to crystal report in .NET

10. Generating ADO.NET datasets and graphing them uisng Crystal reports

11. ASP.NET & Crystal Reports

12. VB.NET, XML, Crystal Reports, & Refreshing