Memory Resident (2nd Post)
Author Message
 Memory Resident (2nd Post)

I want this program reside in the memory and whenever I push <CTRL><F1> for
example, to put the address where the cursor is, regardless of the program
that I am in.  Can someone please give me an example of something like this,
or how I might go about achieving this???

- Charles

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:39:45 GMT
 Memory Resident (2nd Post)
Charles,

Here is a link to a VB6 class that accomplishes this:

http://www.visualcore.com/old_code/1/19.zip

It is a VB6 ActiveX Control. I'm looking at it right now to see how hard it
will be to port to .NET.

- Jeremy
http://www.visualcore.com/

Quote:
> I want this program reside in the memory and whenever I push <CTRL><F1>
for
> example, to put the address where the cursor is, regardless of the program
> that I am in.  Can someone please give me an example of something like
this,
> or how I might go about achieving this???

> - Charles

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:51:31 GMT
 Memory Resident (2nd Post)
Please keep me posted....  as to the portability to VB.NET...

- Charles

Quote:
> Charles,

> Here is a link to a VB6 class that accomplishes this:

> http://www.visualcore.com/old_code/1/19.zip

> It is a VB6 ActiveX Control. I'm looking at it right now to see how hard
it
> will be to port to .NET.

> - Jeremy
> http://www.visualcore.com/

> > I want this program reside in the memory and whenever I push <CTRL><F1>
> for
> > example, to put the address where the cursor is, regardless of the
program
> > that I am in.  Can someone please give me an example of something like
> this,
> > or how I might go about achieving this???

> > - Charles

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 03:49:28 GMT
 Memory Resident (2nd Post)
Charles,

    I ported it without much of a problem, but i am getting a wierd error:
Whenever I use the Debug object, the form gives an error. The wierd part is
that the error occurs outside of my code. I think this might be because I am
subclassing the window proc, which is something you dont need to do in .NET
because the WndProc function is now overridable when you inherit from Form.
But if i dont subclass the wnd proc, then that means the end user has to
call the HotKeyControler's WindowProc function from the overridden one...
anyway. I'll let you know.

- Jeremy

Quote:
> Please keep me posted....  as to the portability to VB.NET...

> - Charles

> > Charles,

> > Here is a link to a VB6 class that accomplishes this:

> > http://www.visualcore.com/old_code/1/19.zip

> > It is a VB6 ActiveX Control. I'm looking at it right now to see how hard
> it
> > will be to port to .NET.

> > - Jeremy
> > http://www.visualcore.com/

> > > I want this program reside in the memory and whenever I push
<CTRL><F1>
> > for
> > > example, to put the address where the cursor is, regardless of the
> program
> > > that I am in.  Can someone please give me an example of something like
> > this,
> > > or how I might go about achieving this???

> > > - Charles

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 00:29:22 GMT
 Memory Resident (2nd Post)
Sounds promising....

Keep me posted...  and thank-you for your time with this matter...

- Charles

Quote:
> Charles,

>     I ported it without much of a problem, but i am getting a wierd error:
> Whenever I use the Debug object, the form gives an error. The wierd part
is
> that the error occurs outside of my code. I think this might be because I
am
> subclassing the window proc, which is something you dont need to do in
.NET
> because the WndProc function is now overridable when you inherit from
Form.
> But if i dont subclass the wnd proc, then that means the end user has to
> call the HotKeyControler's WindowProc function from the overridden one...
> anyway. I'll let you know.

> - Jeremy

> > Please keep me posted....  as to the portability to VB.NET...

> > - Charles

> > > Charles,

> > > Here is a link to a VB6 class that accomplishes this:

> > > http://www.visualcore.com/old_code/1/19.zip

> > > It is a VB6 ActiveX Control. I'm looking at it right now to see how
hard
> > it
> > > will be to port to .NET.

> > > - Jeremy
> > > http://www.visualcore.com/

> <CTRL><F1>
> > > for
> > program
> > > this,

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 03:08:57 GMT
 Memory Resident (2nd Post)
Thank-you...  I will chek it out..

- Charles

Quote:
> Here you go. I have attached the class file with a sample application and
> solution.

> - Jeremy Cowles
> http://www.visualcore.com/

> > Sounds promising....

> > Keep me posted...  and thank-you for your time with this matter...

> > - Charles

> > > Charles,

> > >     I ported it without much of a problem, but i am getting a wierd
> error:
> > > Whenever I use the Debug object, the form gives an error. The wierd
part
> > is
> > > that the error occurs outside of my code. I think this might be
because
> > am
> > > subclassing the window proc, which is something you dont need to do in
> > .NET
> > > because the WndProc function is now overridable when you inherit from
> > Form.
> > > But if i dont subclass the wnd proc, then that means the end user has
> > > call the HotKeyControler's WindowProc function from the overridden
> one...
> > > anyway. I'll let you know.

> > > - Jeremy

> > hard

> > > <CTRL><F1>
> > like

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 07:34:55 GMT
 Memory Resident (2nd Post)
Okay... I've looked at it... and I need a little help...  How exactly do I
use it...   (I.e. How do I activate a HOTKEY, and how do I put the TEXT I
want the hotkey to trigger?)

The code compiled with no problems...   Just don't quite understand what
it's doing...

- Charles

Quote:
> Here you go. I have attached the class file with a sample application and
> solution.

> - Jeremy Cowles
> http://www.visualcore.com/

> > Sounds promising....

> > Keep me posted...  and thank-you for your time with this matter...

> > - Charles

> > > Charles,

> > >     I ported it without much of a problem, but i am getting a wierd
> error:
> > > Whenever I use the Debug object, the form gives an error. The wierd
part
> > is
> > > that the error occurs outside of my code. I think this might be
because
> > am
> > > subclassing the window proc, which is something you dont need to do in
> > .NET
> > > because the WndProc function is now overridable when you inherit from
> > Form.
> > > But if i dont subclass the wnd proc, then that means the end user has
> > > call the HotKeyControler's WindowProc function from the overridden
> one...
> > > anyway. I'll let you know.

> > > - Jeremy

> > hard

> > > <CTRL><F1>
> > like

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 07:42:12 GMT
 Memory Resident (2nd Post)

Quote:
> how do I put the TEXT I
> want the hotkey to trigger

You can't specify text, only a single character, which you would do either
when you define the variable:

Private hkY As New HotKey("YKey", Me.handle, Keys.Y, False, False, False,
True)

("keys.xxx" sets the keystroke you want) or you can set it after you create
your var like this:
hkY.KeyChar = Keys.Y

You probably want to use some special control keys too, which you can do
like this:

hkY.KeyCTRL = True

Now, the key combonation is CTRL+Y, by default, the example that I uploaded
has Win95Key + Y.

Add this line to the top of your form so you can receive events from the
controler:
WithEvents hkControler As HotKeyControler = New HotKeyControler(Me.Handle)

And then add this event handler:

Private Sub hkControler_HotKeyPressed(ByVal Key As HotKeyTestApp.HotKey)
Handles hkControler.HotKeyPressed

End Sub

To activate the hot key, call this:
hkY.Register()

But you only need to call that if you use this constructor: HotKey.New(ID,
Handle)
If you call the other constructor, it will automatically register itself
(that was probably dumb on my part).

This line adds a HotKey to the HotKeyControler collection so it can trap the
incomming messages:
hkControler.HotKeys.Add(hkY)

You could combine the HotKey class and the HotKeyControler class into one, I
got lazy towards the end...

let me know if you need more help.

Quote:
> Okay... I've looked at it... and I need a little help...  How exactly do I
> use it...   (I.e. How do I activate a HOTKEY, and how do I put the TEXT I
> want the hotkey to trigger?)

> The code compiled with no problems...   Just don't quite understand what
> it's doing...

> - Charles

> > Here you go. I have attached the class file with a sample application
and
> > solution.

> > - Jeremy Cowles
> > http://www.visualcore.com/

> > > Sounds promising....

> > > Keep me posted...  and thank-you for your time with this matter...

> > > - Charles

> > error:
> part
> > > is
> because
> > > am
> > > .NET
> > > Form.
> > one...

> how
> > > hard

> the
> something
> > > like

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 20:26:13 GMT

1. Memory Resident Program

2. Memory Resident Applications

3. Memory Resident

4. Calling memory-resident procedures

5. Memory Resident QB

6. memory resident database

7. How PROGRAMMATICALLY ShutDown a memory resident program ?

8. Making a VB Memory Resident Program?

9. memory resident program

10. How make prg on resident memory

11. Memory Resident Applications