Accessing a Paradox database with VB.net
Author Message
 Accessing a Paradox database with VB.net

Hope somebody can help

I need to work with Paradox (.db) databases
I have limited time and knowledge with VB.net and have had a look at ADO and
SQL however they seem fairly complex and i don't seem to have SQL loaded
(thought it would have come with office XP? , can i dowload it from somwhere
?)

Can anyone suggest a direct way to open a .db data base file in VB.NET
without getting involved with SQL etc ?
is there a Module i can reference that deals with paradox files directly ??
can anyone point me to example program listings for this ?

Thanx in advance

_____________________________________

Matthew Purves , (Deadly_M)
www.DeadlyM.com

Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:34:43 GMT
 Accessing a Paradox database with VB.net
Constr = "Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Extended Properties=""Paradox
3.x;hdr=yes;""; Data Source =path to the db files;"
or
Constr = "Provider=MSDASQL;Driver={Microsoft Paradox Driver
(*.db )};dbq=path to the db files;"

hth

Quote:
> Hope somebody can help

> I need to work with Paradox (.db) databases
> I have limited time and knowledge with VB.net and have had a look at ADO
and
> SQL however they seem fairly complex and i don't seem to have SQL loaded
> (thought it would have come with office XP? , can i dowload it from
somwhere
> ?)

> Can anyone suggest a direct way to open a .db data base file in VB.NET
> without getting involved with SQL etc ?
> is there a Module i can reference that deals with paradox files directly
??
> can anyone point me to example program listings for this ?

> Thanx in advance

> _____________________________________

> Matthew Purves , (Deadly_M)
> www.DeadlyM.com

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 04:28:01 GMT

1. Paradox Database with VB .NET

2. Paradox database with VB .net

3. Paradox database with vb.net

4. Paradox and VB.Net / ADO Access

5. INSERT into access database using vb.net/ado.net..problem

6. Accessing an Access database in vb.net

7. Database conversion Access to Paradox

8. Cannot Import a Paradox 3.x database into MS Access 2

9. Paradox 4.5 database access

10. paradox for windows database access?

11. Accessing Paradox 5.x, 7.x databases

12. VB5 application accessing Paradox 3 database with MS ODBC