how to make a master/detail datagrid
Author Message
 how to make a master/detail datagrid

I am using vb.net to create a dataset with two datatables and a datarelation
that binds them together on their primary key columns. When I display this
table at runtime, I get the rows of the first table displayed and if I click
the "plus" on the left of the row, it gives me a link to the child table. If
I click that, the related rows in the child table are displayed. This is
great, except that the child table is displayed on its own, rather than
indented and within the paretn tables row.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do this; have the "detail" rows in the
master/detail relationship displayed "underneath" the "master" row, rather
than as a separate table that is not visible at the same time as the master
table?

Thanks for your help

Adrian

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 02:55:37 GMT

1. Link multiple datagrids to a single record (Master\Detail Form with multiple details)

2. Master-Detail with 2 seperate detail sections per master record, CR.NET

3. HOWTO Create a master detail relationship datagrid for Web like Tree Structure

4. Master-Details Datagrids

5. Help on using a comgo box on a dataGrid that is the detail of a Master

6. master/detail datagrid form

7. Inserting detail rows in master-detail configuration (VB4)

8. Copy a master-detail record into another database?

9. Master/Details Problems

10. Master Detail - whats the difference?

11. sincronize Master Detail

12. Q Master-Detail forms