Opening MS Access Database Application
Author Message
 Opening MS Access Database Application

Hi!

I would like to open the MS Access application from VB.Net and then be
able to use the forms that have been created in the MS Access database
application.

I can open the MS Access application by:

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("MSAccess")

But how do i go about opening my database and then using the forms in
that?

Thanks!
-Tarun

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 10:43:49 GMT
 Opening MS Access Database Application

Quote:
> Hi!

> I would like to open the MS Access application from VB.Net and
> then be able to use the forms that have been created in the MS
> Access database application.

> I can open the MS Access application by:

> System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("MSAccess")

> But how do i go about opening my database and then using the
> forms in that?

Access is a COM automation server. Make it available via COM interop: Open
the reference dialog box, select the "COM" folder, choose "Microsoft Access
x.y object library". The description of the Access object modell is a part
of the Access product documentation.

Armin

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 17:47:42 GMT
 Opening MS Access Database Application
Could you tell me where exactly the "reference dialog box" is ?!
Thanks!
-Tarun
Quote:

> > Hi!

> > I would like to open the MS Access application from VB.Net and
> > then be able to use the forms that have been created in the MS
> > Access database application.

> > I can open the MS Access application by:

> > System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("MSAccess")

> > But how do i go about opening my database and then using the
> > forms in that?

> Access is a COM automation server. Make it available via COM interop: Open
> the reference dialog box, select the "COM" folder, choose "Microsoft Access
> x.y object library". The description of the Access object modell is a part
> of the Access product documentation.

> Armin

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 14:09:56 GMT
 Opening MS Access Database Application
In Visual Studio, with your project loaded, select the Add Reference item
from the Project drop down menu.
Then click on the COM tab.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD

Quote:
> Could you tell me where exactly the "reference dialog box" is ?!
> Thanks!
> -Tarun

Quote:

> > > Hi!

> > > I would like to open the MS Access application from VB.Net and
> > > then be able to use the forms that have been created in the MS
> > > Access database application.

> > > I can open the MS Access application by:

> > > System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("MSAccess")

> > > But how do i go about opening my database and then using the
> > > forms in that?

> > Access is a COM automation server. Make it available via COM interop:
Open
> > the reference dialog box, select the "COM" folder, choose "Microsoft
Access
> > x.y object library". The description of the Access object modell is a
part
> > of the Access product documentation.

> > Armin

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 15:27:17 GMT
 Opening MS Access Database Application
Hi,

You can check the following article to get you started. It contains sample
to automate Access from VB.NET:
HOW TO: Automate Microsoft Access From Visual Basic .NET
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q317113

Regards,
Elan Zhou
Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:15:20 GMT

1. VB to open MS Access application

2. Open MS Access database from VB .exe file (Shell)

3. Help: Error 3033 occurs when opening a MS ACCESS 2.0 Database

4. Can't open MS ACCESS 2.0 databases with VB 3.0 Pro

5. Regarding Accessing External database using MS-Access and MS-Visual Basic

6. open MS Access database

7. Opening split MS Access Database under Crystal 8.0

8. linking multimedia sound bits in a MS-Access database to a VB-application

9. VB5 application accessing Paradox 3 database with MS ODBC

10. Access Application Object : Opening Database

11. open one access database from my VB application

12. Access Application Object : Opening Database