ListView in VB.NET
Author Message
 ListView in VB.NET

Quote:
> I am writing a 3rd party program to create and edit drawing title blocks
in
> a CAD program (MicroGDS). I have started to build my interface and I'm in
> the process of coding it but I've never used a ListView control before.

> I have this listview that displays title information from the current
> drawing (Drawing Number, Revision, Scale, Drawing Title, etc). What I want
> to do is select an item from the list and pass it to another form to edit
> the various  SubItems.

> How do you code that?

> The attached exe is the interface so far. Double clicking a list view item
> opens the form I want to use to edit the Item / SubItem properties.

> Please help

> --
> Russ Green

OBLIGATORY NOTICE:  you should direct all vb.net related questions to a more
appropriate forum such as microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.  This is a
VB.CLASSIC (VB1 - VB6) news group only.

Now, for a quick partial answer.  You can just pass the listview item to the
new form:

Dim dialog As New PropertiesDialog()

' add a property to your child dialog that takes a listitem
dialog.EditItem = ListView.SelectedItems(0)
dialog.ShowDialog(Me)

Any then if they press ok, you can update the listitem directly from the
child form, or do nothing if the press cancel.

Just a thought.

Tom Shelton

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 07:09:18 GMT
 ListView in VB.NET
Thanks for that. I'll try

Quote:

> > I am writing a 3rd party program to create and edit drawing title blocks
> in
> > a CAD program (MicroGDS). I have started to build my interface and I'm
in
> > the process of coding it but I've never used a ListView control before.

> > I have this listview that displays title information from the current
> > drawing (Drawing Number, Revision, Scale, Drawing Title, etc). What I
want
> > to do is select an item from the list and pass it to another form to
edit
> > the various  SubItems.

> > How do you code that?

> > The attached exe is the interface so far. Double clicking a list view
item
> > opens the form I want to use to edit the Item / SubItem properties.

> > Please help

> > --
> > Russ Green

> OBLIGATORY NOTICE:  you should direct all vb.net related questions to a
more
> appropriate forum such as microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.  This is a
> VB.CLASSIC (VB1 - VB6) news group only.

> Now, for a quick partial answer.  You can just pass the listview item to
the
> new form:

> Dim dialog As New PropertiesDialog()

> ' add a property to your child dialog that takes a listitem
> dialog.EditItem = ListView.SelectedItems(0)
> dialog.ShowDialog(Me)

> Any then if they press ok, you can update the listitem directly from the
> child form, or do nothing if the press cancel.

> Just a thought.

> Tom Shelton

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 07:13:00 GMT
 ListView in VB.NET

Quote:
> OBLIGATORY NOTICE:  you should direct all vb.net related questions to a
more
> appropriate forum such as microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.  This is a
> VB.CLASSIC (VB1 - VB6) news group only.

Or in this case, simply refrain from crossposting .NET questions to
non-*dotnet* groups.

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:07:44 GMT
 ListView in VB.NET
Almost everybody here is using VB6 or lower. While you may get a stray
answer to VB.NET questions here, you should ask them in newsgroups
devoted exclusively to .NET programming. Look for newsgroups with the
word "dotnet" in their name. For the microsoft news server, try these
newsgroups...

microsoft.public.dotnet.general
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

For the news.devx.com news server, try these

vb.dotnet.discussion
vb.dotnet.technical

There are some others, but these should get you started.

Rick

Quote:
> I am writing a 3rd party program to create and edit drawing title
blocks in
> a CAD program (MicroGDS). I have started to build my interface and I'm
in
> the process of coding it but I've never used a ListView control
before.

> I have this listview that displays title information from the current
> drawing (Drawing Number, Revision, Scale, Drawing Title, etc). What I
want
> to do is select an item from the list and pass it to another form to
edit
> the various  SubItems.

> How do you code that?

> The attached exe is the interface so far. Double clicking a list view
item
> opens the form I want to use to edit the Item / SubItem properties.

> Please help

> --
> Russ Green

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:28:26 GMT
 ListView in VB.NET

Quote:

> > OBLIGATORY NOTICE:  you should direct all vb.net related questions to a
> more
> > appropriate forum such as microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.  This is
> > VB.CLASSIC (VB1 - VB6) news group only.

> Or in this case, simply refrain from crossposting .NET questions to
> non-*dotnet* groups.

I never noticed the cross post... Wow.

Tom Shelton

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:28:50 GMT
 ListView in VB.NET
good god ... why the hell would you post a meg image to a technical
newsgroup?  That's why god created the internet. Put you pix on a web site
so only those interested in your problem have to download it.  Many pay per
minute for phone and inet connections, and over a 28k line you wasted a lot
of other peoples time and money.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:22:39 GMT
 ListView in VB.NET
who the hell has 28k lines anymore?

Quote:
> good god ... why the hell would you post a meg image to a technical
> newsgroup?  That's why god created the internet. Put you pix on a web site
> so only those interested in your problem have to download it.  Many pay
per
> minute for phone and inet connections, and over a 28k line you wasted a
lot
> of other peoples time and money.

> --

> Randy Birch
> MVP Visual Basic
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 03:09:58 GMT
 ListView in VB.NET

Quote:
> good god ... why the hell would you post a meg image to a
> technical newsgroup?  That's why god created the internet. Put
> you pix on a web site so only those interested in your problem
> have to download it.  Many pay per minute for phone and inet
> connections, and over a 28k line you wasted a lot of other
> peoples time and money.

Totally ACK!

Armin

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 03:36:00 GMT
 ListView in VB.NET

Quote:
> who the hell has 28k lines anymore?

Randy's statement is even true for V.90 or ISDN lines.
This is a newsgroup for discussions, not an FTP server. :-(

Armin

Quote:

> > good god ... why the hell would you post a meg image to a
> > technical newsgroup?  That's why god created the internet. Put
> > you pix on a web site so only those interested in your problem
> > have to download it.  Many pay per minute for phone and inet
> > connections, and over a 28k line you wasted a lot of other
> > peoples time and money.

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 03:38:18 GMT
 ListView in VB.NET
A lot of users, especially outside NA.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

| who the hell has 28k lines anymore?

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:12:58 GMT
 ListView in VB.NET
I am a partner in a dialup ISP in north-eastern British Columbia Canada, and
many of the rural subscribers are between 14.4 and 56k.  We currently supply
about 50 dialup lines that support 14.4 through ISDN.
Only those fortunate enough to be living in the city have ADSL and Cable
available to them.

David
lilchips.com

Quote:
> A lot of users, especially outside NA.

> --

> Randy Birch
> MVP Visual Basic
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.

> | who the hell has 28k lines anymore?

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:46:25 GMT

1. SelectedIndex of an ListView under vb.net

2. listview in vb.net with contains from IList to find parital matches

3. How to use listview in VB.NET?

4. ListView in VB.NET

5. ListView DragDrop VB.Net Deails or List

6. ListView in VB.NET

7. How to load unicode file into listview in VB.NET?

8. VB.NET: ListView Sorting

9. scroll to listview row in vb.net

10. vb.net listview - how to tell if it is selected

11. VB.net listview strange behavior on key press

12. Using VB.Net to Print ListView