Combo Binding - Null value
Author Message
 Combo Binding - Null value

Hi
On VB6 when I bind a DataCombobox to a field with NULL values it works if i
set Style to dbcDropdowncombo
On VB.NET I set DropdownStyle to DropDown and I get a  Binding Error
How to bind a combo to a Null value on VB.NET ?
Thanks
Marcos

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 04:46:29 GMT
 Combo Binding - Null value
Hi Marcos,
Windows forms databinding is designed to work with NULL values. The combobox
displays them as empty strings. Is it possible the binding error is caused
by something else? What is the message of the exception?

-Sean/Shamez

> Hi
> On VB6 when I bind a DataCombobox to a field with NULL values it works if
> set Style to dbcDropdowncombo
> On VB.NET I set DropdownStyle to DropDown and I get a  Binding Error
> How to bind a combo to a Null value on VB.NET ?
> Thanks
> Marcos

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 03:57:30 GMT
 Combo Binding - Null value
Hi Sean
You are rigth I forgot to set the ValueMember property
Thanks a lot
btw the TextBox binded to a Date can handle a Null Value?
Best regards
Marcos

Quote:
> Hi Marcos,
> Windows forms databinding is designed to work with NULL values. The
combobox
> displays them as empty strings. Is it possible the binding error is caused
> by something else? What is the message of the exception?

> -Sean/Shamez

> --
rights.

> > Hi
> > On VB6 when I bind a DataCombobox to a field with NULL values it works
if
> > set Style to dbcDropdowncombo
> > On VB.NET I set DropdownStyle to DropDown and I get a  Binding Error
> > How to bind a combo to a Null value on VB.NET ?
> > Thanks
> > Marcos

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:00:50 GMT

1. Null values in a bound data combo box

2. Null Values in Data Bound Combo Boxes

3. Error 3426 with Null Bound Combo Box Field.

4. Error 3426 with Null Bound Combo Box Field.

5. Data bound Combos or Not Data Bound Combos

6. Late binding Value is Empty or Null??

7. Assigning Null Values to data bound fields using remote data control

8. Binding NULL Values in a DataCombo

9. Bound TextBox does not save an empty string to a null value

10. cannot delete entries in bound text control (no null values)

11. Null Values in ADO: VB 6/Bound Controls

12. Null value with bind TextBox