WebClient.DownloadFile ignores my IE cookies
Author Message
 WebClient.DownloadFile ignores my IE cookies

I am using WebClient to download html file from the internet.
The problem is that WebClient ignores my Internet Explorer cookies.
Instead of downloading a certain page from a site, I get the login page of
that site saying I need to log-in. When browsing with IE I can get this page
directly since I have the cookie that shows I am already logon.
My code is:
Dim myWebClient As New WebClient()
myWebClient.DownloadFile(URL, FileName)

Is there way do download a file with IE cookies ?
Thanks

Wed, 05 Oct 2005 04:04:58 GMT

1. WebClient - .DownloadFile : can't download a second time

2. Limits of Webclient.DownloadFile( ) ?

3. Disable cookies or ignore IE Setting

4. How to pass username/password to WebClient - .DownloadFile method?

5. Any way to get bytes received from WebClient class and DownloadFile method?

6. Downloading html page using IE cookies

7. How to read IE-cookies?

8. Cookie, IE, Netscape

9. IE cookie not set

10. Setting cookies with asp for IE?