Smart clients
Author Message
 Smart clients

A web deployment model for Windows Forms applications:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ (Click on the 56K or T1 button) or
http://www.*-*-*.com/
6k.asx&brand=dotnet

When the show loads, click on "Enter the Programmer".

Taiwo

Sun, 04 Apr 2004 15:36:08 GMT
 Smart clients
This will be the web browser killer.  Why bother writing ASP apps when you
will have the same advantages with windows client apps?     This is also a
Linux killer (like if it was really a threat) on the client side.    I like
the line where he says " Did you want to write the app that shows the
documentation for the game or the game itself.?"

Quote:

> A web deployment model for Windows Forms applications:

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/theshow/ (Click on the 56K or T1 button) or

http://msdn.microsoft.com/theshow/Viewer/player.asp?folder=Episode018...
Quote:
> 6k.asx&brand=dotnet

> When the show loads, click on "Enter the Programmer".

> Taiwo

Sun, 04 Apr 2004 23:08:23 GMT
 Smart clients

Quote:
> This will be the web browser killer.

That is really naive thinking.  The trend is toward more thin-client
web-based applications, not away from it.

Quote:
>Why bother writing ASP apps when you
> will have the same advantages with windows client apps?

Ever hear of ActiveDocuments??  Nuff said.

Mon, 05 Apr 2004 00:42:57 GMT
 Smart clients
There is nothing thin about internet explorer.  It hogs alot of resources.
The trend you talk about has factors behind it.  The main factor is ease of
deployment.   This is being solved by Microsoft for rich clients.  Rich does
not mean fat by the way.   It means writing to a richer set of features and
not trying to fit your gui to spit out html.
Your naive pal.

Quote:
> > This will be the web browser killer.

> That is really naive thinking.  The trend is toward more thin-client
> web-based applications, not away from it.

> >Why bother writing ASP apps when you
> > will have the same advantages with windows client apps?

> Ever hear of ActiveDocuments??  Nuff said.

Mon, 05 Apr 2004 01:04:45 GMT

1. .config file with smart client

2. Smart VB Client deployed over the Web

3. Client-Side Smart Viewer is Empty

4. Smart Delete Files And Smart Delete Folders Routines?

5. How to programing client to access the server require Client Certificate

6. client/server : delivering fixes to the client side

7. Dcom-Clients without Client for Microsoft-Networks

8. TCP/IP Client to Client

9. Doing DCC (direct client to client) tranfers with a VB program

10. Obtaining client IP address client side

11. Assigning Client Script Variables to Application level variables inside of a Client Script

12. Launch app on Server to client, from client