Change account of already installed Windows Service
Author Message
 Change account of already installed Windows Service

Hi,

I have made a Windows Service running under User-Account.
It is already installed and works as supposed.

Now I want to change the Account-Information of the Service via ServiceController.
I can stop the service.
Then I'd like to change User and Password or change the Account to LocalSystem,
but I'm missing the properties of ServiceProcessInstaller.

Do I have to use ServiceProcessInstaller to "reinstall" the Service?
How could this work?
Are there any API-Calls for this problem?

TIA

Stefan

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 16:24:02 GMT

1. installing web app with windows service and windows aplication at same time

2. Installing windows service in Windows 98,ME

3. Windows Service - Security Properties - account property

4. change account/password for service startup

5. Changing service account password on all servers remotely

6. Changing Service Account w/ADSI

7. vbscript to change Service Account Informaton

8. Changing Service accounts/passwords

9. Changing Service accounts/passwords

10. How to install CDO after Outlook has already been installed

11. installutil hanging on windows service installs

12. Installing VB.NET Windows Service on different machine.