Getting Text from a MUD
Author Message
 Getting Text from a MUD

Was just wondering if there was a way to get the text from a MUD (Multiple
User Dimension, Multiple User Dungeon, or Multiple User Dialogue) to a
textbox or into VB some how. For those of you that dont know what a MUD
is..It is the game client in which most text based RPGs are played on. Was
just wondering if there was a way to get the ingame text from there to
VB.net Thanks in Advance!

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 02:32:27 GMT
 Getting Text from a MUD
Those things still exist?  Last time I saw one of those, it was the late
eighties.

Quote:
> Was just wondering if there was a way to get the text from a MUD (Multiple
> User Dimension, Multiple User Dungeon, or Multiple User Dialogue) to a
> textbox or into VB some how. For those of you that dont know what a MUD
> is..It is the game client in which most text based RPGs are played on. Was
> just wondering if there was a way to get the ingame text from there to
> VB.net Thanks in Advance!

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 02:47:50 GMT
 Getting Text from a MUD
Il cervello cattivo di Karl L. Houseknecht produceva il seguente:

Quote:

> Those things still exist?  Last time I saw one of those, it was the late
> eighties.

Apparently... some dinosaurs are still alive for whatever odd reasons. As a
even more creepy example, take Unix/Linux which hardly changed since the
late eighties either. All that only because some people simply *refuse* to
do any progress.

--
Tenchi (remove 'spam.be.gone' for emails)

My VB.net Download Manager (Version 1.20.1000.1)
Homepage: http://mitglied.lycos.de/downloadwunder/

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 06:32:40 GMT
 Getting Text from a MUD
Most MUDs that I know of operate on the Telnet protocol. My guess would be
that you'd probably have to implement your own telnet client functionality.
Another option could be writing a network monitor type thing that listens on
the appropriate port(s) for the specific MUD you are interested in.

Quote:
> Was just wondering if there was a way to get the text from a MUD (Multiple
> User Dimension, Multiple User Dungeon, or Multiple User Dialogue) to a
> textbox or into VB some how. For those of you that dont know what a MUD
> is..It is the game client in which most text based RPGs are played on. Was
> just wondering if there was a way to get the ingame text from there to
> VB.net Thanks in Advance!

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 10:16:40 GMT

1. ANSI Text Box, Mud Client, IPPort.vbx

2. mud

3. A MUD in QBasic

4. MUD Client in Visual Basic - source code available

5. MUD client in VB... help

6. MUD in VB

7. getting text out of a word text file

8. getting a specific line of text from a text box (vb5)

9. NEWBIE: my wheels are stuck in the mud

10. VB for graphical MUD

11. Building A Windows Based Mud/Databases/Internet

12. WIndows MUD-Database-SQL-IPDAEMON.VBX