Can I use VB.net to develop an asp.net web application
Author Message
 Can I use VB.net to develop an asp.net web application

Don't know about vb.net
but take a look at this:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:

>   Hopefully this is not off topic Greetings,

>             I have been using VS6.0 for a number of years to develop VB6
> applications

>             Whenever I needed an ASP page for the web I used Frontpage.

>             Now I would like to develop a web based application within the
> .net framework using VB as the language of choice for the .aspx pages.

>             My question is if I wish to purchase a product to use a
> Microsoft product to use as a developement environment, do I really need
> buy VS.net or will VB.net be adequate?

>             Was VB.net designed with the ASP.NET developer in mind? I know
> that I can design .aspx pages with notepad, but I think a graphical
> environment would be easier. My question is does VB.net supply the tools
> make for a good graphical development environment for asp.net
applications?

>             Thanks
>             Stephen Simpson

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:55:31 GMT
 Can I use VB.net to develop an asp.net web application

  Hopefully this is not off topic Greetings,

            I have been using VS6.0 for a number of years to develop VB6
applications

            Whenever I needed an ASP page for the web I used Frontpage.

            Now I would like to develop a web based application within the
.net framework using VB as the language of choice for the .aspx pages.

            My question is if I wish to purchase a product to use a
Microsoft product to use as a developement environment, do I really need to
buy VS.net or will VB.net be adequate?

            Was VB.net designed with the ASP.NET developer in mind? I know
that I can design .aspx pages with notepad, but I think a graphical
environment would be easier. My question is does VB.net supply the tools to
make for a good graphical development environment for asp.net applications?

            Thanks
            Stephen Simpson

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:43:33 GMT
 Can I use VB.net to develop an asp.net web application
Hi Stephen,

The answer is yes. The fact is that you can use any managed language to
write ASP .NET application with all graphical environment support.

But we hope you choose VB .NET as your favorite language. :)

Huy Nguyen - VB.NET team.

>   Hopefully this is not off topic Greetings,

>             I have been using VS6.0 for a number of years to develop VB6
> applications

>             Whenever I needed an ASP page for the web I used Frontpage.

>             Now I would like to develop a web based application within the
> .net framework using VB as the language of choice for the .aspx pages.

>             My question is if I wish to purchase a product to use a
> Microsoft product to use as a developement environment, do I really need
> buy VS.net or will VB.net be adequate?

>             Was VB.net designed with the ASP.NET developer in mind? I know
> that I can design .aspx pages with notepad, but I think a graphical
> environment would be easier. My question is does VB.net supply the tools
> make for a good graphical development environment for asp.net
applications?

>             Thanks
>             Stephen Simpson

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 03:51:00 GMT
 Can I use VB.net to develop an asp.net web application
Hi,
Could someone please give me a link to good VB.NET mailing lists ?

Thanks in advance !

-Priya

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 04:32:41 GMT
 Can I use VB.net to develop an asp.net web application
Priya,

Quote:
>Could someone please give me a link to good VB.NET mailing lists ?

http://discuss.develop.com/vbdotnet.html

But these newsgroups are, of course, much better.  :-)

Mattias

===
Mattias Sj?gren (VB MVP)

http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 06:02:09 GMT

1. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

2. Develop WinCE.NET application with VB.NET

3. NEWBIE: how to develop Web Application in VB .NET

4. ADO.NET with ASP.NET using VB.NET

5. VB.NET with ASP.NET web forms

6. Please Help, databinding VB Asp.Net Web application(not datagrid)

7. ASP .Net using VB .Net Speed issue

8. Using VB.NET programming ASP.NET

9. Transferring data through internet in VB.net without using ASP.Net

10. Html editing in a asp.net project using vb.net

11. Using VB/ASP.net to save user requested web data

12. Using SQL Server Application Roles in a VB.NET web app