XML Parse
Author Message
 XML Parse

Hi
  I am a new bee in .NET programing.
  I have a XML file generated by some third party
application. That XML file contains special characters as
part of data. For Eg. characters & < > ' "" are not
encoded properly while generating the XML file.
  Is there any work around to fix this issue? I have gone
through the Microsoft Knowledge base.
  I found one interesting article which uses XMLDocument
to fix this issue. XMLDocument is of DOM style. So there
will be a in-memory replication of the XML file. But I
would prefer to use SAX instead of DOM, because the size
of the XML I am using is huge [not less than 200 - 300 MB].

  Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Syam

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:44:02 GMT
 XML Parse
Hi,

I suppose you can use the XMLTextReader which provides fast, non-cached
forward only access . The XMLtextReader also enforces the XML
well-formedness rules.

HTH,
Manoj G

Quote:
> Hi
>   I am a new bee in .NET programing.
>   I have a XML file generated by some third party
> application. That XML file contains special characters as
> part of data. For Eg. characters & < > ' "" are not
> encoded properly while generating the XML file.
>   Is there any work around to fix this issue? I have gone
> through the Microsoft Knowledge base.
>   I found one interesting article which uses XMLDocument
> to fix this issue. XMLDocument is of DOM style. So there
> will be a in-memory replication of the XML file. But I
> would prefer to use SAX instead of DOM, because the size
> of the XML I am using is huge [not less than 200 - 300 MB].

>   Any help is highly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.
> Syam

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:53:49 GMT
 XML Parse
Don't know if you'll want this or not, but take a look.

(these are free components)
http://www.chilkatsoft.com/ChilkatXml.asp this is the site for the COM
object, it's pointless to use in .net, since there's a .net object
available, but at the bottom of this page are some example xml files that
are very large.

http://www.chilkatsoft.com/dotNetXml.asp this page has the .net component on
it.  Basically, the point of chilkat's xml parser is to be extremely fast
(as it is written in C++), and provide the ability to open non-well-formed
xml files.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Quote:
> Hi,

> I suppose you can use the XMLTextReader which provides fast, non-cached
> forward only access . The XMLtextReader also enforces the XML
> well-formedness rules.

> HTH,
> Manoj G

> > Hi
> >   I am a new bee in .NET programing.
> >   I have a XML file generated by some third party
> > application. That XML file contains special characters as
> > part of data. For Eg. characters & < > ' "" are not
> > encoded properly while generating the XML file.
> >   Is there any work around to fix this issue? I have gone
> > through the Microsoft Knowledge base.
> >   I found one interesting article which uses XMLDocument
> > to fix this issue. XMLDocument is of DOM style. So there
> > will be a in-memory replication of the XML file. But I
> > would prefer to use SAX instead of DOM, because the size
> > of the XML I am using is huge [not less than 200 - 300 MB].

> >   Any help is highly appreciated.
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Syam

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:46:39 GMT
 XML Parse
Manoj & Chris Greetings.
  thanks for your response.
Chris: I saw the components. They are much useful.
Manoj:
     The XmlReader class checks that the XML is well-formed, and throws
XmlExceptions if an error is encountered.
     My problem is I have no control over generation of the XML. Third
party generates a XML file which contains special characters. I have to
fix that special characters issue before parsing the data. That to not
using a Stream model. In Microsoft Knowledge base I saw a work around
but its based on DOM. DOM won't be a optimized solution if you have XML
of big size.
   Thanks & Regards,
   Syam

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:10:58 GMT

1. XML Parse

2. XML parsing in .net

3. vb.net newbie needs help with basic XML parsing

4. SAX XML parsing in VBScript?

5. XML Parsing

6. Com+ xml parsing in asp's

7. Basic XML parse in VB COM question...

8. XML Parse in VB?

9. XML parsing?

10. How to abort SAX xml parsing?

11. XML Parsing using MSXML