Another XP Common Controls 6 BUG 
Author Message
 Another XP Common Controls 6 BUG

create a vb6 project
Reference windows common controls 6
open form1

place on it:
a windows common control 6 component (just to inizialize library) or
inizialize it using an api.
a button
an optionbutton
a checkbox
a frame
a textbox

inside this frame place:
another button,
another optionbutton,
another checkbox

build the project
add a standard manifest to output dir
run the exe

you'll see a XP styled form1 BUT controls within frame are very bad looking.
textboxes are OK
Commandbuttons have a very strange triple black border.
Optionbuttons are not visible (black text on black background)
Checkboxes are the same.

Commom controls 6 are really buggy...
Need to wait until XP SP2 or can we loose any hope to look them with xp
visual style?



Wed, 06 Jul 2005 02:37:26 GMT  
 Another XP Common Controls 6 BUG
This bug is old ;)
Those problems won't go away until Microsoft releases SP6 for Visual Studio
6.0 - and I doubt they'll do this. SP2 for Windows XP probably won't change
anything because it doesn't update mscomctl.ocx.

--
www.TimoSoft-Software.de
Stop TCPA! www.notcpa.org



Quote:
> create a vb6 project
> Reference windows common controls 6
> open form1

> place on it:
> a windows common control 6 component (just to inizialize library) or
> inizialize it using an api.
> a button
> an optionbutton
> a checkbox
> a frame
> a textbox

> inside this frame place:
> another button,
> another optionbutton,
> another checkbox

> build the project
> add a standard manifest to output dir
> run the exe

> you'll see a XP styled form1 BUT controls within frame are very bad
looking.
> textboxes are OK
> Commandbuttons have a very strange triple black border.
> Optionbuttons are not visible (black text on black background)
> Checkboxes are the same.

> Commom controls 6 are really buggy...
> Need to wait until XP SP2 or can we loose any hope to look them with xp
> visual style?



Wed, 06 Jul 2005 03:58:36 GMT  
 Another XP Common Controls 6 BUG
This is a dotnet newsgroup and FYI its not Common Controls 6 that's "buggy"
but VB6's wrapper for the commoncontrols.

==============================================
Happy To Help,
Tom Spink

http://dotnetx.betasafe.com >> VB, VB.NET, C#, C++ Code


Quote:
> create a vb6 project
> Reference windows common controls 6
> open form1

> place on it:
> a windows common control 6 component (just to inizialize library) or
> inizialize it using an api.
> a button
> an optionbutton
> a checkbox
> a frame
> a textbox

> inside this frame place:
> another button,
> another optionbutton,
> another checkbox

> build the project
> add a standard manifest to output dir
> run the exe

> you'll see a XP styled form1 BUT controls within frame are very bad
looking.
> textboxes are OK
> Commandbuttons have a very strange triple black border.
> Optionbuttons are not visible (black text on black background)
> Checkboxes are the same.

> Commom controls 6 are really buggy...
> Need to wait until XP SP2 or can we loose any hope to look them with xp
> visual style?



Wed, 06 Jul 2005 07:01:34 GMT  
 Another XP Common Controls 6 BUG
Infact I posted it here because if MS reads my post "BUG (VS 2002/2003 + XP
styles): tabcontrols" probably can also read this and fix BOTH!



Quote:
> This is a dotnet newsgroup and FYI its not Common Controls 6 that's
"buggy"
> but VB6's wrapper for the commoncontrols.



Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:40:20 GMT  
 Another XP Common Controls 6 BUG
I doub't they're going to fix VB6

==============================================
Happy To Help,
Tom Spink

http://dotnetx.betasafe.com >> VB, VB.NET, C#, C++ Code


Quote:
> Infact I posted it here because if MS reads my post "BUG (VS 2002/2003 +
XP
> styles): tabcontrols" probably can also read this and fix BOTH!



> > This is a dotnet newsgroup and FYI its not Common Controls 6 that's
> "buggy"
> > but VB6's wrapper for the commoncontrols.



Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:36:14 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Using XP Common Controls as opposed to Standard VB6 Controls

2. XP's common controls in VB.NET

3. Windows Common Controls in Windows XP

4. Common Control & Win XP Themes

5. Common Controls XP

6. BUG: VB6 Fails to debug VB-Made ActiveX control with external program on Windows2000\XP

7. Bug in ListView common control

8. Bug in ListView in Common Controls 6 SP4

9. Bug with Common Controls 6 Listview?

10. Common Controls Replacement Bug? (File Dialog)

11. Problem with Microsoft Windows Common Controls - bug

12. VB6 Scrollbar control doesn't render in XP with new XP stlyle

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software