Maximized MDI Child Form problem
Author Message
 Maximized MDI Child Form problem

I have a full screen MDI parent with a treeviw docked to the left side.  I
want to open my child windows in the right side of the MDI parent and have
tehm be full screen so that they completely fill the area.  I have disabled
the control box and removed the form text from the child window.

So far so good.  The only problem is that I still get the control box
(although it is disabled) displayed. This has the effect of pushing the top
of the treeview down the width of a form menu to accomodate the disabled
control box for the child wiondow. I do not want this to happen. In fact, I
don not want the disabled control box at all.

So, how do I get a maximized child window to NOT show the control box?

Thanks

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 20:33:15 GMT
 Maximized MDI Child Form problem
Apparently you must reset the control box = false in the form load event
when maximizing a child.

Quote:
> I have a full screen MDI parent with a treeviw docked to the left side.  I
> want to open my child windows in the right side of the MDI parent and have
> tehm be full screen so that they completely fill the area.  I have
disabled
> the control box and removed the form text from the child window.

> So far so good.  The only problem is that I still get the control box
> (although it is disabled) displayed. This has the effect of pushing the
top
> of the treeview down the width of a form menu to accomodate the disabled
> control box for the child wiondow. I do not want this to happen. In fact,
> don not want the disabled control box at all.

> So, how do I get a maximized child window to NOT show the control box?

> Thanks

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 22:29:42 GMT

1. Maximized MDI child form Covering Status bar on MDI parent

2. Problem with MDI Child Form when opened maximized ?

3. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

4. Gap Between MDI and Child form when maximized ??

5. Disallowing maximize button on MDI child form

6. HELP: BUG: Maximized Win95 MDI Child Form Disappears

7. Hiding maximized MDI Child forms

8. MDI Child Forms Maximizing uncontrolably?

9. Displaying maximized MDI child forms in VB5

10. Maximizing an MDI Child window Maximizes all MDI Child Windows.

11. Modifying object in MDI Parent form from MDI Child form

12. Make a reference to a MDI form with a reference of a MDI child form