unable to debug asp.net pages
Author Message
 unable to debug asp.net pages

Make yourself an admin?

Also, don't paste an attachment, (especially as an uncompressed bmp) just
write the error.

-mike

Quote:
> hi
> i am unable to debug through my asp.net code. i get the
> error as given in the attachment. i have tried what the
> help says but still no success
> can anyone (Microsoft??) help me in this
> i am able to do step through the client scripts but not in
> the normal code
> i have to go back to response.write for debugging

> thanx
> Apoorva

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:50:40 GMT
 unable to debug asp.net pages
I already tried that, i also added everyone to the
de{*filter*}users group, but still no success
and yes, no more attachments :-)

Quote:

message

>> hi
>> i am unable to debug through my asp.net code. i get the
>> error as given in the attachment. i have tried what the
>> help says but still no success
>> can anyone (Microsoft??) help me in this
>> i am able to do step through the client scripts but not
in
>> the normal code
>> i have to go back to response.write for debugging

>> thanx
>> Apoorva

>.

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:35:53 GMT
 unable to debug asp.net pages
Suggest you try microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.asp.net for more help...

Quote:
> I already tried that, i also added everyone to the
> de{*filter*}users group, but still no success
> and yes, no more attachments :-)

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:56:55 GMT
 unable to debug asp.net pages
Well, something that happens on ASP 3 debugging (no idea in ASP .NET) is
that you must have the app options: cache ASP pages on.  If it is off,
debugging won't work...  Maybe that'll help.
-mike

Quote:
> I already tried that, i also added everyone to the
> de{*filter*}users group, but still no success
> and yes, no more attachments :-)

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:07:03 GMT
 unable to debug asp.net pages
hi
i have found a solution to it
i created a virtual directory in iis and pointed it to a directory outside of wwwroot
then started a new project in that directory and added the existing files to the new project
it worked!!!
thanx all for your advice

Apoorva

Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:20:49 GMT

1. Debug VB.NET DLL(Class Library) from ASP.NET page

2. debugging vb.net upgraded component in asp.net

3. New article on porting ASP pages to ASP .NET available on MSDN

4. Passing Form Fields to VB.NET Custom Business Object in an ASP.NET Code Behind Page

5. using vs.net for asp.net pages

6. Unable to retrieve ASP page with winsock control

7. Unable to Update a field through ASP page.

8. asp.net unable to see imported web reference

9. ASP pages, slow, lack of debugging support - SOLUTION

10. How to debug ASP pages

11. turning on "Debugging" for ASP pages

12. Debugging an ASP page