Datagrids, DataSets and deleting Rows
Author Message
 Datagrids, DataSets and deleting Rows

Hi All..

I have a Windows application (Order Entry) where I have a datagrid on
the form and a dataset tied to the datagrid.

This DataSet is NOT connected in anyway to a backend Database Server.
It is just there to store the info typed into the Datagrid.
Eventually, I take this information and place it into several
different Database tables, but this is irrelevant foe this problem.

What I have in my datagrid is an ICON column with a graphic cross. The
idea of this is if the Users has entered an incorrect line, they can
click on the icon and the line magically deletes/disappears from the
Grid. Ok, I can capture the click on the graphic using
CurrentCellChanged, but for the life of me, I cannot see what code I
need to delete the row. I am in the middle of converting this from
ASP.NET to VB.NET, and the commands/functions that I have for the
ASP.NET side don't even come close to working under VB.NET. I have
looked for examples, but can't find anything.

Can anyone help out here on how to delete the row.

Thanks,
Robert

Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:02:32 GMT
[...]

Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:02:34 GMT
 Datagrids, DataSets and deleting Rows
Hi All..

Sorry for the double post.... dont know what happen there...

Anyway, I have worked out the problem.. I was trying to delete from
the datagrid, not the dataset.

Also, when I tried to find the Delete function for the dataset, I
forgot to include which table the row was in I wanted to delete.......

Robert

Quote:

> Hi All..

> I have a Windows application (Order Entry) where I have a datagrid on
> the form and a dataset tied to the datagrid.

> This DataSet is NOT connected in anyway to a backend Database Server.
> It is just there to store the info typed into the Datagrid.
> Eventually, I take this information and place it into several
> different Database tables, but this is irrelevant foe this problem.

> What I have in my datagrid is an ICON column with a graphic cross. The
> idea of this is if the Users has entered an incorrect line, they can
> click on the icon and the line magically deletes/disappears from the
> Grid. Ok, I can capture the click on the graphic using
> CurrentCellChanged, but for the life of me, I cannot see what code I
> need to delete the row. I am in the middle of converting this from
> ASP.NET to VB.NET, and the commands/functions that I have for the
> ASP.NET side don't even come close to working under VB.NET. I have
> looked for examples, but can't find anything.

> Can anyone help out here on how to delete the row.

> Thanks,
> Robert

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 07:12:30 GMT

1. How to delete a row in a datagrid.

2. Delete a row in a Datagrid using VB.net

3. DataGrid row delete

4. How to delete row from datagrid

5. DataGrid: how to handle deleted rows

6. Delete a row from datagrid

7. Disable Delete row function in Datagrid

8. Delete Row in Datagrid

9. DELETE all rows in datagrid

10. Datagrid - Prevent Delete / New Rows

11. Cancel row deleting in DataGrid

12. Deleting a Row in Datagrid