TCP/IP communications
Author Message
 TCP/IP communications

I've written lots-o-programs in VB6 using TCP routines.   In VB6 I use the
DataArrival subroutine to receive the packets.  Is there an equivalent in
.NET?  I've been looking for examples all over the net.  Hopefully I haven't
just overlooked something.  But, I can't for the life of me find the .NET
way of doing this.

Any help would be appreciated,
Brian

Tue, 24 May 2005 23:49:10 GMT
 TCP/IP communications
Check out the TCPClient and NetworkStream classes, in particular, the
asynchronous (BeginRead/EndRead,etc.) methods. The event model of the
Winsock control was simple but it was excessively simplistic also. The
sockets classes are vastly more powerful, scalable, etc. and not really
particularly difficult to learn.

Quote:
> I've written lots-o-programs in VB6 using TCP routines.   In VB6 I use the
> DataArrival subroutine to receive the packets.  Is there an equivalent in
> .NET?  I've been looking for examples all over the net.  Hopefully I
haven't
> just overlooked something.  But, I can't for the life of me find the .NET
> way of doing this.

> Any help would be appreciated,
> Brian

Wed, 25 May 2005 01:25:06 GMT

1. VB.NET TCP/IP Communication

2. TCP/IP Communications With QB 4.5

3. TCP/IP communication with VB5/6

4. Help Please - VB5 and Asynch TCP/IP Communication

5. Help Please - VB5 and Asynch TCP/IP Communication

6. Help Please - VB5 and Asynch TCP/IP Communication

7. Help Please - VB5 and Asynch TCP/IP Communication

8. Sending Binary files with a TCP/IP Communication

9. Help Please - VB5 and Asynch TCP/IP Communication

10. Help Please - VB5 and Asynch TCP/IP Communication

11. Internet TCP/IP Communications using VB4

12. Problems with TCP/IP-communication and App.End